GaelSuite's Introduction to Robotics Workshop - Physics & Mechanical Design
Beginner/intermediate level hands-on workshop
- 24-Jun-2023 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- Workshops & Camps
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Standard Registration Opens
- 4-Jun-2023 09:00 EDT
- Registration Deadline
- 21-Jun-2023 23:59 EDT
- Payment Deadline
- 21-Jun-2023 23:59 EDT
- It is past the registration deadline.
Note on Signing Up with Teams
Robotics is a collaborative activity. As such, this workshop has been designed for teams of 2-3 students to complete the activities together.
Some students may have groups of friends that they would like to work with. You will be able to indicate this during the post-registration form on RobotEvents while submitting payment.
If your student does not have a group already, we will help you find a group in the morning of the workshop. Please ensure that you arrive promptly at 9AM to allow time for group matching.
The team of competitive robotics veterans at GaelSuite is hosting the 2023 GaelSuite Introduction to Robotics Workshop this summer.
This workshop is designed for students at a beginner or intermediate level, focusing on foundational physics and mechanical design principles.
- Date: June 24th, 2023
- Time: 9 AM - 4 PM
- Venue: Dublin Library - 200 Civic Plaza, Dublin, CA 94568
- Recommended Age Group: Incoming 7th -10th grade students
- Registration Price (per student): $75 Online, $100 At the Door
- Lunch for student (NOT adult) included in registration. Adults may bring their own food or order their lunch through our vendor. Details will be provided in advance of the event.
- Introductory-level lectures taught by a professional robotics engineer
- Hands-on, student-built practical demonstrations that reinforce lecture concepts
- Demo and networking opportunity with top Bay Area competitive robotics teams
- Robotics in College and Career Panel featuring alumni from top colleges and tech companies
- Capacity is extremely limited and we expect spots to fill up quickly
- Students will work in teams of 2-3 during the practical demonstrations. Students are encouraged to sign up with a group of friends in mind (ex: carpool group, neighborhood friends, classmates)
- Each student must be accompanied by a responsible adult for the entire duration of the workshop. One adult may supervise up to 4 students. Adults may rotate out as long as one is always present.
Age / Grade Level:
Middle School Students
High School Students
Event Dates & Locations
200 Civic Plaza
Dublin, California 94568
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
Arrival Time: Students and adults should arrive at 9AM
Departure Time: Students and adults should leave at 4PM
9AM - 9:30AM: Students arrival and check-in
9:30AM - 10AM: Introduction and Welcome
10AM - 12PM: Interactive Lecture and Build Session 1
12PM - 1PM: Lunch and Competitive Robot Showcase
1PM - 3PM: Interactive Lecture and Build Session 2
3PM - 4PM: Alumni Panel and Closing Remarks
Please contact the Event Partner if you are interested in volunteering at this event (contact information listed on the appropriate tab). Thank you!
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
This event will be held in accordance with all standard health, safety, and emergency policies of the Alameda County Libraries: https://aclibrary.org/policies/
This event will be held indoors, so we do not expect bad weather to interfere with this event.
Refund and Payment Policies
If the Event Partner cancels the event:
Payments will be returned via the RobotEvents portal.
If a Coach/Mentor completes registration for the event then chooses to withdraw or not attend:
Unfortunately, due to the upfront costs required to run an event like this one, we cannot accommodate refunds due to registrant withdrawal. Substitutions may be organized and arranged by the original registrant.