Event Code: RE-WORKSHOP-21-4463
Program: Workshops & Camps
Type of Event: Workshop
Capacity: 50 / Spots Open: 50
Event Region: Indiana
Price: $100.00This event is closed to registration because:
Date: 06/07/2021 - 06/18/2021
Age / Grade Level:
Middle School Students
High School Students
Interested in learning more about VRC? Learn the fundamentals of building and programming a competitive VRC robot using the V5 system and the VEXCode development environment! Students will work in small teams to build and program their own robot for a prior year’s challenge, 2018-2019’s Turning Point. At the end of the camp, teams will compete against each other in a tournament with real awards!
Objectives for the workshop:
1. To introduce students to the VEX Robotics Competition, with particular focus on the transition from VEX IQ to VRC.
2. To provide students the opportunity to build a simple robot for competition in a real VEX Robotics challenge.
3. To introduce students to the VEXCode programming environment, with instruction by experienced VRC competitors.
4. To instruct students in the Engineering Notebook and judging processes. Students will complete an actual EN and Team Interview and will receive judging feedback.
5. To simulate VRC competition through a mini-tournament.
Cost is $100 per participant. Grants are available to reduce or eliminate the cost; please email Primary Contact for more information.
General Schedule for each day (agenda may chance as necessary):
12:00 PM: Doors open
12:00 - 12:30 PM: Group instruction on selected topics, announcement of day's agenda
12:30 - 3:00PM: Small group build session
3:00 - 3:30 PM: Group instruction and discussion
3:30 - 4:00 PM: Questions and answers, special guests
4:00 - 4:45 PM: Small group build session
4:45 - 5:00 PM: Clean up
5:00 PM: departure
We would love to have more volunteers! Please reach out to Zach Phelps (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
In the event of emergency/bad weather, we will contact all participants with an updated schedule.
You can request a refund up until one week prior to the event date.