Event Code: RE-VRC-16-3539
Program: VEX Robotics Competition
Type of Event: Tournament
Capacity: 48 / Spots Open: 0
Event Region: Michigan
Price: $200.00This event is closed to registration because:
Grade Level: High School
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
16. If you need any help, please just ask anyone in the MSU Volunteer shirts.
17. Please be kind to all Volunteers including the Referees and Judges. Without them there would be no tournament.
1. Please e-mail me your team name and coaches contact information. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. Everyone needs to bring a signed Participant Consent Form. (Adults included)
Please go to VEX web site: http://www.roboticseducation.org/documents/2013/06/vrc-participant-release-form.pdf , and obtain the form.
3 Late Arrival: The Final team list will be established at 8:30! If for some reason your team is delayed at arriving, please call: 517-614-5018, or 517-505-6515 the day of the tournament. Teams that arrive after this time and have not communicated their expected arrival time will not be allowed to participate in the tournament!
4. Teams must pay prior to competing. Teams that have not paid will not be allowed to compete! Please pay RECF or make other arrangements with Rachel Esch: 517-353-7282
5. Please drop off robot in Dem Hall rd. circle drive in front of Jenison Field House. Free parking until 10:00 AM is in Lot 62W, to the east off of Red Cedar Road.
Please let me know if you are planning on arriving in a bus.
6. Pit tables will be assigned. You will have one, 2 x 6 table and will share another 2 x 6 table.
7. One electrical outlet will be provided per team table in the pits.
8. Teams responsible for multi power strip, an extension cord, battery charger, and computer. Make sure your charger and batteries are identified.
9. Safety Glasses must be worn in the pit area and when driving or coaching during the matches. Please remember to bring Safety Glasses for each member, coaches, family and friends.
10. We will have practice fields set up in the pit area.
11. There will be a concessions stand set up during the day.
12. NO OUTSIDE FOOD ALLOWED IN JENISON
13. Judges will visit the teams in the pits and observe during the event.
14. The Decisions of the referees and Judges are final.
15. The Robot/Programming Skills field (rules may be found in Appendix B
and Appendix C) will be open as noted on the schedule. It will operate on
a first come-first served basis. These competitions are optional, and it
is your team's responsibility to complete. You will be allowed two runs
for each of the competitions. If there are teams in line, you must go to
the end of the line for a second run.
7:15 a.m. Jenison door opens
7:15 - 8:30 a.m. Registration
8:30 a.m. Teams arriving after 8:30 need to call to hold spot in tournament. (517-899-8198 or 517-505-6515) If a spot is held, missed matches will not be made up.
7:15 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Concessions Available
(NO OUTSIDE FOOD PERMITTED IN JENISON FIELD HOUSE)
7:30 a.m. Inspection Begins
8:30 a.m. Judging Begins
8:50 a.m. Drivers Meeting
9:15 a.m. Opening Ceremony
9:30 a.m. Qualifying Competition begins (Immediately following Opening Ceremony)
10:00 a.m. Skills Begins
12:00 - 1:00 Lunch
2:00 p.m. Skills ends or at end of Qualification matches, which ever comes first.
2:45 p.m. Qualifying Competition concludes
3:00 p.m. Alliance Selection
3:25 p.m. Start of Elimination Matches
5:00 p.m. Awards ceremony
There is a circle drive, "Dem Hall rd., that
you can drive up and unload your robots. Lot 62W, is just to the east of
of Red Cedar Road, and is free until 10:00am. Please let me know if you
are planning on arriving in a bus. Buses will have free parking in Lot 79 which is located on the south side of the Football stadium off of Shaw Lane.
MSU interactive map:
Event will not be webcast
Additional Information about MSU College of Engineering:
Every Team Member and Coach needs to fill out the VEX Participant release form.