South Bay Nothing But Net Middle School Tournament
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- California - Region 4
- This event currently has no spaces available.
- It is past the registration deadline.
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found here.
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and
Excellence Awards )
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VEX Tournament.
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament. The referee guide can be found here.
10. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide. The guide can be found here.
11. Ensure that you have the latest version of firmware for easyC or RobotC
Participation and Consent Form A completed form for all participants must be turned in during check-in. Team leaders will need to collect the completed forms for all team members attending the event and turn them in to the registration desk when checking in.
Download the VEX/RECF Consent & Waiver Form. http://www.roboticseducation.org/documents/2013/06/vrc-participant-release-form.pdf
Grade Level: Middle School
Skills Challenge Offered: No
Event Dates & Locations
Torrance, California 90506
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
VEX Tournament Agenda
7:00 am . . . Doors Open for Volunteers
7:30 am . . . Judge's Meeting - - - Referee's Meeting
8:00 am . . . Team Arrivals / Pits Open - - - Team Check-In and Registration - - - Practice Field Opens - - - Inspection Table Opens
9:00 am . . . Drive Team Meeting (in stands)
9:15 am . . . Opening Ceremony - Please stop all work on robots at this time
9:30 am . . . Qualifying Matches Begin - - - Judging Begins
12:00 pm . . Lunch Begins
12:45 pm . . Qualifying Matches Resume
2:30 pm . . . Qualifying Ends
3:00 pm . . . Alliance Selections - - - Judging Ends - - -
3:30 pm . . . Final Matches Begin
5:00 pm . . . Awards Ceremony
5:30 pm . . . Team Load-Out - - - Clean-Up Begins
Date: 5-Dec-2015El Camino College
Torrance, California 90506
Motel 6 Gardena
14605 Crenshaw Blvd, Gardena, CA 90249
Please bring signed Participant Release Forms for all team members (students and adult mentors) to team check-in:
Please use the Nothing But Net Inspection Checklist to pre-inspect your robot prior to competition: