CANCELLED Griffiths First Annual VEX SCRIMMAGE
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- California - South
- It is past the registration deadline.
7:00 am Doors open for volunteers
7:30 am Registration, Pits, Practice fields and Inspection open
8:45 am Drivers meeting
9:00 am Qualification matches begin
12:30 pm Break for lunch
1:30 pm Qualification matches continue
3:00 pm Qualification matches finish
3:10 pm Alliance selections
3:30 pm Elimination matches begin
5:00 pm Awards ceremony
5:30 pm Competition event closes
Please bring signed Participant Release Forms for all team members (students and adult mentors) to team check-in:
Please use the Skyrise Inspection Checklist to pre-inspect your robot prior to competition:
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found here.
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook ( helpful for Judges, Design and
Excellence Awards )
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VEX Tournament.
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament. The referee training videos can be found here.
10. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide. The guide can be found here.
11. Ensure that you have the latest version of firmware. easyC firmware can be found here and RobotC firmware can be found at the following links:
EasyC or RobotC
0 teams are on the waitlist for this event.