2024 Hawaii VRC Middle School Regional Championship
- 28-Jan-2024 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Field Control System
- Smart Field Control
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Standard Registration Opens
- 6-Nov-2023 23:59 EST
- Registration Deadline
- 20-Jan-2024 09:56 EST
- Payment Deadline
- 20-Jan-2024 10:06 EST
- This event currently has no spaces available.
- It is past the registration deadline.
Congratualtions on making it to the 2024 Hawaii VRC Middle School Regional Championship!
This event will be run as a Worlds Qualifying Event, so the expectations will be the same as if you were competing at the World Championship. Teams should come prepared and ensure their robots are ready to compete.
Each team mentor will be given a list of rules for bldg 29, if your team does not follow them they will be removed from the building.
The REC Foundation Code of Conduct will be strickly enforced.
Qualifying to this Event:
There are three ways for teams to qualify to Championship events:
- Qualifying Award: Winning a qualifying award at an official event in the team’s Event Region.
- Robot Skills Ranking: If the Championship event in the team’s region is not filled to capacity through qualifying awards, teams may qualify through the World Skills Standings sorted for the Event Region and by grade level. Teams invited through Robot Skills Challenge Rankings are invited in ranked order after the results of the last qualifying event in the region have been posted. Scores earned after this date will not be used to qualify teams to their Championship.
- Waitlist: If there is remaining capacity due to teams not accepting the invite after the Robot Skills Rankings invites have been issued, the capacity will either be lowered, and the event will be closed, or teams will be invited from the waitlist. This will be decided by the REC Foundation Manager.
Grade Level: Middle School
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
91-1227 Enterprise Ave
Kapolei, Hawaii 96707
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
Sunday 28 Jan 2024
0800 Volunteers check-in
0800 Team Check-in, Inspection, skills fields open
0930 Inspection closes, skills fields closes
0945 -1005 VIP Intro/Speeches/Head Ref instructions
1015 - 1200 Qualification Matches
1015 - 1145 Skills fields open
1145 - 1230 (Skills Volunteers Lunch)
1200 - 1245 Lunch
1230 - 1330 Skills fields open the line closes at 1300, to be in line you must have your robot
1245 - 1345 Qualification Matches
1355 - 1410 Alliance selection
1415 - 1515 Elinamation Matches
1520 - 1545 Awards
1600 Event closes
Volunteers are greatly appreciate, if you wish to volunteer please contact Mr. Enright at [email protected]
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
If the event is postpone or cancel due to weather registrations fee will be refunded minus the $5 REC fee for cancellation, for postpone decision will be made on a case by case basis. Make sure your contact info is current in Robot Events in case I need to contact you.
Refund and Payment Policies
If the Event Partner cancels the event: Refunds will be provided minus the $5 REC fee
If a Coach/Mentor completes registration for the event then chooses to withdraw or not attend: No Refund will be provided
All In-Person Judging - The Team Interviews and Engineering Notebooks will be judged in-person the day of the event. Teams should bring a physical copy of their notebook to submit to the judges.