Omaha Public Schools Over Under Competition Invitational
VRC HIGH SCHOOL
- 24-Feb-2024 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Field Control System
- Smart Field Control
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Standard Registration Opens
- 4-Dec-2023 16:00 EST
- Registration Deadline
- 21-Feb-2024 16:00 EST
- Payment Deadline
- 24-Feb-2024 13:12 EST
- Registration opens at a future date.
– Covid-19 Update –
Under current circumstances and uncertainty of how the school year will look this year, we are reducing the tournament to 16 teams.
North HS is offering a morning and a afternoon tournament. Teams and/or Students may not attend both sessions, only 1.
Please review our Health and Safety tab for more information.
If you have any further questions please email Jeff at [email protected].
As always, feel free to contact us for further information
Please arrive with your robots ready for inspection, the tournament will begin 30 minutes after the doors open.
All registration fee's must be paid in full no later than five weeks after registering for this event or three weeks prior to the event (November 21, 2020). Failure to comply may result in your team(s) being removed from the event.
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. V5 Inspection checklist found V5 - Robot inspection Checklist Cortex checklist found Cortex - Robot Inspection Checklist
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and
Excellence Awards )
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read VEX Tournaments 101.
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
9. Ensure that you have the latest version of programming software and firmware for your V5 Brain.
Participation and Consent Form
A Participant Release form must be completed for all participants prior to team check-in. Team leaders are responsible for seeing that all team members attending the event have completed the release. The form is online now and can be found Participant Release Form Instructions or Instrucciones del formulario de autorización del participante.
Grade Level: High School
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: Remote Interviews & Notebooks
Event Dates & Locations
4410 North 36th Street
Omaha, Nebraska 68111
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
Saturday, December 12, 2020
7:15 a.m. - Pits Open
7:30 a.m. - 8:00 a.m. - Team Registration & Inspection
8:00 a.m. - 8:10 a.m. - Drivers and Coaches Meeting
9:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. - Qualifying Rounds
12:20 p.m. - 12:30 p.m. - Alliance Selection
1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. – Finals
2:30 p.m. - 2:40 p.m. - Awards and Closing Ceremony
Skills Open from 7:40 - The end of Quarter Finals
We are always looking for good volunteers. If you are interested in getting involved, you can contact Jeremy Wiemer at [email protected].
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
In the case of inclement weather, all team advisors will be contacted via email. While sometimes weather can be unpredictable, usually we will make a decision by 4:00pm the day before the event, if not earlier. I will also update the "EVENT NAME" to read "CANCELED" at the top.
Depending on the circumstances, we will make every effort to reschedule, rather than outright cancel the event.
Refund and Payment Policies
100% refunds (minus $5.00, per registration, if paid through Robotevents) will be granted to any teams canceling.
Understanding the current situation we want all teams to follow COVID requirements and to not attend if the situation requires them to do so.
Health and Safety Policies
OPS Health and Safety Policies
Multi-layered masks covering both the mouth and the nose will be required of everyone, everywhere throughout the tournament. Areas including but not limited to - entering the building, registration, in the pits, at the fields, in the stands and exiting the building.
Hand Sanitizer will be available at various locations at the tournament. Teams and individuals are encouraged to bring their own sanitizers as well. Please use hand sanitizer frequently throughout the day, especially when moving to or traveling from high traffic areas.
PIT AREA & COMPETITION FIELDS:
Students, coaches, and tournament volunteers only will be allowed near the team pits and competition fields. Spectators will not be allowed onto the gym floor.
The event will be webcast. Spectators will be allowed only on the upper walkway of the gym. There will not be seats provided for spectators. Only coaches and students will be allowed on the gym floor. Spectators should stay in social groups and provide distance between groups. Please keep socially distanced when entering and exiting the school.
Please monitor the health of your team. Anyone with potential COVID symptoms or possible COVID exposure should not attend the tournament.
There will be fewer teams than usual to provide for additional space between tables in the pit area as well as paths for team to travel to the fields. Please stay in your designated area and restrict movement between tables.
There will be one competition field per division and NO practice fields. Robots and drivers will need to arrive ready to compete. Field resetters will be provided so teams will only handle the pre-loads after they have been sanitized. At the field team members will be limited to 2 per team and will be spaced to provide the greatest social distancing.
We may need to make adjustments to meet district, local or state guidelines if conditions change. Team coaches will be appraised of any changes when they become necessary.
- All Remote Judging - The Initial Team Interviews will be conducted remotely, and Engineering Notebooks will be submitted to judges digitally via a link found within the "My Account" panel of the team contact on RobotEvents. Initial Interviews and Notebook submission deadlines may be scheduled ahead of the event date.