Utah Tech STEM Outreach Center VEX Robotics Competition
VRC, Blended HS/MS, All In Person Judging
- 3-Feb-2024 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Field Control System
- Smart Field Control
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Standard Registration Opens
- 7-Nov-2023 20:00 EST
- Registration Deadline
- 5-Jan-2024 15:52 EST
- Payment Deadline
- 5-Jan-2024 05:00 EST
Registration Deadlines: Please register early.
A VEX Participant Release Form and a Utah Tech Event and Activity Participation Waiver will be required for each attendee, including adults. Forms MUST be submitted online prior to the event. Be sure to click "Yes" that this is a STEM Outreach event on the UT waiver.
Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared:
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The Inspection Checklists can be found here: V5 Inspection Checklist
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget:
- Goggles/Safety Glasses
- Spare parts & tools
- Batteries and chargers
- Programming cable
- Power strip
- Laptop computer
- Engineering notebook (required for Design and Excellence Awards)
- Banners and other decorations for your team pit
- Giveaways, if you have them
5. Be sure to read "Attending a VRC Tournament"
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby. The venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament. The referee training videos can be found here.
10. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide. The guide can be found here.
11. Ensure that you have the latest version of firmware.
All teams will be offered exactly 3 attempts of each Robot Skills Challenge (3 Driving and 3 Autonomous Coding). If your team misses their chance to complete their attempts during the time provided, they cannot be made up. Skills will close at the end of qualifying matches. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Grade Level: All
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
225 S 700 E
St. George, Utah 84770
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
3:00 - 7:30 Setup
7:30 Venue closes
7:30 - 9:00 Pits open, inspection and registration begins
9:15 - 12:00 Robot Skills and Autonomous Coding Skills Challenge
9:00 - 9:15 Drivers meeting
9:15 - 12:00 Qualifying matches
9:30 - 12:00 Judging of teams for awards
12:00 - 1:00 Lunch (will be provided)
1:00 - 2:00 Qualifying matches
1:00 - 2:00 Judging of teams for awards and Robot Skills and Programming Skills Challenge*
15 minutes after the end of Qualification rounds Alliance selections begin
15 minutes after the Alliance selections the elimination Tournament will begin
Awards will take place immediately following the final elimination match.
*Skills will be availible until qualifiing matches are finished. Teams must be in line at the end of the last qualifiing match.
*Please be aware that the event will move with the matches. This means that your match may take place earlier than it is written on the schedule!!! Please keep track of matches and be sure you are at the queuing tables on time when your match is called! Teams who are not present when called to the field will be disqualified from that match. No exceptions.
If you would like to volunteer for any of the following positions, please email Jordan - [email protected]
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
We understand that, especially for those teams coming from northern Utah, the roads can be dangerous if winter storms impact the I-15 corridor--particularly over mountain passes. We do not want teams taking unnecessary risks to get to our event.
If you make the decision not to travel due to weather, please notify us at the earliest opportunity. Refunds for weather-related reasons will be issued (less the $5 RECF fee) as long as notification is given prior to the event.
Refund and Payment Policies
Payment is due 01/05/2024 at 12:00 am. Teams who have not completed payment by then will be moved to the waitlist. Fees are $55, which includes the $5 fee charged by RECF. Refunds will be issued only for teams who cancel 24 hours before the event OR who are unable to attend due to poor travel conditions and who notify us before check-in closes at 9:00 am the day of the event. The $5 RECF fee cannot be refunded.
Health and Safety Policies
We all want to have a safe and fun tournament. Please don’t come if you are not feeling well. If you need to cancel due to health reasons, please email the event coordinator as soon as possible.
Date: 3-Feb-2024Utah Tech University
225 S 700 E
St. George, Utah 84770
Utah Tech University is located in the heart of St. George, Utah. With plenty of accomodations, outdoor activities, delicious food, and fun events, you may want to turn your tournament visit into a vacation! Check out this site for suggestions!
Link will be availible 24 hours before the event starts.
Check out the live stream of the event, Link will be live when the tournament starts:
Judging will be In-Person Interviews and Digital Notebook Submissions for this event
Teams should submit a Digital Notebook by Wed Nov 29th, 11:59 pm.
- Digital Engineering Notebook Submissions / In-Person Team Interviews: Team interviews will be conducted in person at the event. Engineering notebooks will be submitted digitally for evaluation via a link found within the "My Account" panel of the team contact on RobotEvents. All submissions need to be received by Wednesday, November 29th, 11:59 pm.
1 teams are on the waitlist for this event.