Tooele Robotics Competition
VRC, Blended HS/MS, Remote Notebooks
- 10-Feb-2024 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Field Control System
- Smart Field Control
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Standard Registration Opens
- 7-Nov-2023 20:00 EST
- Registration Deadline
- 27-Jan-2024 09:16 EST
- Payment Deadline
- 10-Feb-2024 16:34 EST
- This event currently has no spaces available.
- It is past the registration deadline.
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found here.
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and
Excellence Awards )
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VEX Tournament.
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament. The referee training videos can be found here.
10. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide. The guide can be found here.
11. Ensure that you have the latest version of firmware. easyC firmware can be found here and RobotC firmware can be found at the following links:
Participation and Consent Form
A completed form for all participants must be turned in. Forms can be completed and submitted online by following the link: https://www.roboticseducation.org/documents/2018/03/participant-release-form.pdf
Online is preferred, but paper is accepted. Team leaders will need to collect the completed forms for all team members attending the event and turn them in to the registration desk when checking in.
All teams will be offered exactly 3 attempts of each Robot Skills Challenge (3 Driving and 3 Programming). If your team misses their chance to complete their attempts during the time provided, they cannot be made up. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Grade Level: All
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
211 South Tooele Boulevard
Tooele, Utah 84074
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
7:00 AM - 9:00AM Pits open, inspection and registration begins
9:00AM - 9:15AM Drivers meeting
9:30AM - 12:00PM Qualifying matches
8:00AM - 12:00PM Robot Skills and Programming Skills Challenge *
9:30AM - 12:00PM Judging of teams for Excellence and design award
12:00PM - 1:00PM Lunch
1:00PM - 3:30PM Qualifying matches
1:00PM - 3:30PM Robot Skills and Programming Skills Challenge *
1:00PM - 3:30PM Judging of teams for Excellence and design award
15 minutes after the end of Qualification rounds, Alliance selection begins
15 minutes after the Alliance selections, the elimination Tournament will begin
Immediately after the final match of the elimination tournament, Awards will be given out.
* Each team will be given 3 attempts at both Driving Skills Challenge and Programming Skills.
If you are interested in volunteering at this event please contact Jonathan Black at [email protected]
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
As early February can see some inclement weather, this will be the only reason for refunds. If it isn't safe for you to travel please stay home.
Refund and Payment Policies
If the Event Partner cancels the event:
if we cancel the event, refunds will be given
If a Coach/Mentor completes registration for the event and then chooses to withdraw or not attend:
Refunds will not be given. If a team registers for this competition and does not attend they can use that registration for next year.
YouTube Stream Link: https://youtube.com/live/AyMHrLCREE4
- Digital Engineering Notebook Submissions / In Person Team Interviews: Team interviews will be conducted in-person at the event. Engineering notebooks will be submitted digitally for evaluation via a link found within the "My Account" panel of the team contact on RobotEvents. The submission deadline is 02/09/2024.