2024 Wisconsin VRC High School State Championship
VRC High School
- 1-Mar-2024 - 2-Mar-2024 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Field Control System
- Smart Field Control
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Standard Registration Opens
- 6-Nov-2023 16:00 EST
- Registration Deadline
- 28-Feb-2024 16:00 EST
- Payment Deadline
- 26-Feb-2024 12:00 EST
- This event currently has no spaces available.
2024 Wisconsin VEX State Championship
Other Wiscosin State Champonship Event Pages
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found on the Documents tab.
2. Read the document 120 Things to do before your first VEX Tournament found on the Documents tab.
3. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure.
- Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
- Goggles/Safety Glasses
- Spare parts & tools
- Batteries and chargers
- Programming cable
- Power strip
- Laptop computer
- Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and Excellence Awards )
- Banners and other decorations for your team pit
- Giveaways if you have them
4. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
5. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants should thoroughly read the game rules. Additional rulings and interpretations of the game rules can be found on the Official VEX Forums.
6. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide found on the Documents tab.
7. Participation Consent & Waiver Form - A waiver is required for all participants. It must be submitted online.
Fields for Event - VEX IQ Only
We would like all organizations bringing 2 or more teams to the event to bring along a VEX IQ field and game objects to use for practice at the event. Please reach out to the event partners if this will not be possible for your organization due to travel circumstances.
This is YOUR Wisconsin VEX State Championship! As such, we are asking YOU to help make this event as great as possible for everyone attending. All teams are required to provide some volunteers to help run the event. Please visit the Volunteer section for more information.
Please note the times on the agenda. Teams will not be allowed into the venue outside of the normal times, unless they are signed up to volunteer with a task such as setup.
The Resch Expo and Resch Center is a large complex and multiple events will be going on throughout the weekend. Please see the Documents section for a venue map with parking and entrance information indicated. Free parking is available in the Lambeau Field Lot 1. If asked when parking indicate that you are with the VEX Robotics Competition.
Please enter through the doors indicated on the map, closest to Hall C (where our event is taking place).
Please hand-carry wheeled carts and toolboxes through the doors into the venue to prevent damage to the thresholds.
PLEASE NOTE: NO FOOD AND DRINK CARRY-INS ARE ALLOWED AT THE EVENT! It is a condition of our contract with the venue that NO food or drink be carried into the venue. There will be multiple concession options available throughout the weekend. It is important that you understand and honor this policy. Please do not bring in snacks, drinks, or meals into the venue. We understand and realize that purchasing concession food is more expensive and not as convenient as bringing in your own food, but that is part of an event like this. Please do not force us to track down teams and individuals choosing to ignore this policy and ask them to remove their food items. Thank you for your cooperation!
Custom Event Apparel
We will have Fine Designs creating and selling custom event apparel at the event. You may also visit the webstore they have setup either before, during or after the event to have items shipped directly to you:
Taking pictures at the event? Please add your photos to the following shared albums:
Grade Level: High School
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
Date: 1-Mar-2024 - 2-Mar-2024Venue/Location:
840 Armed Forces Drive
Ashwaubenon, Wisconsin 54304
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
Friday, March 1
6:00-9:00 Registration, Inspection and Skills runs
Saturday, March 2
7:30 Pits Open, Registration and Inspection
8:00 Drivers Meeting
8:30 Opening Ceremonies
8:45-12:30 Qualification and Skills Rounds
12:30-1:00 Lunch Break
1:00-4:45 Qualification and Skills Rounds
4:45 Alliance Selection
5:00 Finals Matches
7:00 Pits closed, IQ Changeover
7:30-10:00 Team Party
We Need You!
Many volunteers are needed to make this event a success. The Wisconsin VEX State Tournaments are run to benefit all VEX Teams in Wisconsin. As such we need all VEX Teams in Wisconsin to help make them successful and sustainable events.
There are lots of volunteer roles that need to be filled. There are also four seperate State Tournaments happening the same weekend, and we can use help at all of them. Consider volunteering for one of the events you are not participating in. That will give you more time at your event and help make the other events successful, too!
We expect all teams participating in the Wisconsin VEX State Tournament to provide volunteers. Each volunteer opportunity has been given a number of "Volunteer Points." We are asking each TEAM to cover between 2 and 4 volunteer points for the events. Note that is for each TEAM. If you are bringin multiple teams (e.g. 123A, 123B, 123C), you should have people signing up to cover spots for the total number of teams you have at the event.
Please keep the following things in mind when signing up volunteers:
- Volunteers must provide the team number and letter to credit the correct team with the volunteer points
- We would ask local teams to consider signing up for spots that would be more difficult for teams travelling a distance to cover, such as setup and cleanup tasks
- Teams that fail to signup for volunteer spots will be assigned volunteer tasks
- If you are a VRC team, you may sign up to help at the VEX IQ event, and if you are a VEX IQ team, you may sign up to help at the VRC event. Then you won't miss any of the action at your event!
Volunteer Signup Link: signup.com/go/VrcwRvO
Judges and Referees
Volunteers to serve as Judges and Referees are also needed for all events. No experience is necessary to be a Judge or a Referee, but those with experience are encouraged to volunteer. These rolls mostly require an all-day commitment. The tournament can assist with hotel lodging for judge and referee volunteers that need it. Coaches and VEX alumni are encouraged to serve as judges for events that they do not have teams participating in. This is a great opportunity to learn how to help your teams improve as well as help teams in other programs. Volunteering as a judge or a referee will cover the entire volunteer responsibility for a team.
Age Requirements for Judges and Referees
- Judges for VRC must be adults. High school students 16 years or older can sign up to judge at the VEX IQ competition.
- Referees/scorekeepers must be at least 15 years old
Judge signup: Signup Link: https://signup.com/go/NWCtZxw
VRC Referree Signup Link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0845A4A92FA4F8C16-45820826-20232024#/
VEX IQ Referee Signup Link: signup.com/go/VrcwRvO
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
Please check this tab for the most current information in case of inclement weather.
The safety of players, coaches, and volunteers is our first priority. This includes travel hazards in case of inclement weather. Every effort will be made to keep the event running on-time, but if necessary we may delay the start or postpone to the following day (depending on the availability of the venue).
Refund and Payment Policies
The registration fee is due within two weeks of registration for the event. If you are registering less than two weeks before the event, the fee must be paid when you register. Teams that fail to pay the registration fee in a timely matter may be removed from the event and their spot given to another team. Registration fees for the event are nonrefundable.
Date: 1-Mar-2024 - 2-Mar-2024Resch Expo
840 Armed Forces Drive
Ashwaubenon, Wisconsin 54304
More Hotel information will be posted as the arrangements are sent to us.
Hilton Garden Inn $110 per night King bed/$125 per night 2 Queen beds (plus tax). [email protected]. 1 920-405-0400
Hampton Inn Stadium. $115 per night King bed/$130 per night 2 Queen beds (plus tax). [email protected]. 1 920-785-9660
In-Person Judging - The Team Interviews and Engineering Notebooks will be judged in-person the day of the event. Teams should bring a physical copy of their notebook to submit to the judges.
Innovate Award - This event will award the Innovate Award. In order to be considered for this award, a team should complete the Innovate Award Submission Information Form and include it in the front of their Engineering Notebook when they turn in their notebook. Submission forms will not be accepted separately from the Engineering Notebook and cannot be turned in later. You can find the form in the Documents section or at this link.
Parking and Venue MapParking Map
Fine Designs Web StoreFine Designs Web Store
Innovate Award Submission FormInnovate Award Submission Form
1 teams are on the waitlist for this event.