TSM Plumbing Highland VRC Middle School Qualifier; Marengo, Ohio
- 27-Jan-2024 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Field Control System
- VEXNet Field Control
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Max Registrations per Organization
- Standard Registration Opens
- 25-Sep-2023 13:42 EDT
- Registration Deadline
- 22-Jan-2024 13:42 EST
- It is past the registration deadline.
Highland Middle School is proud to present this year's VEX Robotics competition, OVER UNDER! This event is a middle school-only event.
The event will showcase 3 competition fields with two referees and 1 skills field.
Covid Policy: Please go to the Health and Safety Policies tab for information regarding Covid-related restrictions.
Pizza and bottled water will be provided to all student team members.
- A full concession stand will be available, with sandwiches, drinks, and snacks. We ask that you support our robotics club by purchasing items at concessions, as a portion of the proceeds does come back to our club!
- A coaches/advisor/volunteer hospitality room will be provided as well with lunch and snacks.
MATCHES & JUDGING
- Each team will have six qualifying matches. The tournament will proceed with 2-team alliances.
- Please familiarize yourself and your teams with the OVER UNDER official rules. The GAME MANUAL is an excellent place to start! We also highly recommend watching the referee training videos when available so that everyone has a clear understanding of all game rules.
- Engineering notebooks will be collected during Inspections. We have a team of well-trained, experienced judges who will go through the interview process, and use the official Design Award Rubric to determine Excellence and Design Award winners.
PARTICIPANT RELEASE FORMS
Coaches, please remember to have a completed release form for each member of your team. Forms can either be uploaded on the Robot Events site (preferred), or you will need to bring a copy with you.
PAY REGISTRATION FEES!
If you have not done so already, please make every effort to make sure your registration fees are paid prior to this event. If you have paid already, thank you! If you have selected to pay by PO from your school, please make sure that you have submitted your invoices to your treasurer's office so that payments are being processed. Please just keep me posted if you are still in the process of paying your registration fees.
- Spectators will be permitted.
- We will do our best to ensure that all pit tables have access to power. Please bring surge protector/power strips to make sure you have enough outlets for your team.
- We will have a dedicated WiFi network available for teams to access during this event. This was set up specifically for teams that will need access to online programming software during the event. Please make sure your school laptops are set up correctly in order for you to have access while you are away from your school building.
Grade Level: Middle School
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
6506 Ohio 229
Marengo, Ohio 43334
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
8:00 - Doors Open, Team Check-In, Inspections Begin
9:30 - Driver Meeting
9:45-12:00 - Qualification Rounds
12:00-12:30 - BREAK - Lunch, Skills, Team Interviews
12:30-2:00 - Qualification Rounds
2:00 - Alliance Selection
2:15 - Elimination Tournament begins
3:30 - Awards
Volunteers are an important part of every event and we acknowledge that these events would be impossible without them. We appreciate those volunteers who are willing to give of their time for the benefit of our students!
Please contact Chad Russell at [email protected] if you are interested in being a volunteer. Thank you!
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
In the event of bad weather, we will make every attempt to contact all coaches by email, phone or text, as well as make announcements through social media of any changes of the event or the event schedule.
Refund and Payment Policies
If the Event Partner cancels the event:
Coaches will be given an opportunity to request a refund in the form of a payment or a credit to waive the fee for a future competition. Requesting a payment will require providing a W-9 for our district.
If a Coach/Mentor completes registration for the event then chooses to withdraw or not attend:
Coaches will not be given an opportunity to request a refund in the event that they choose to cancel after providing payment.
Health and Safety Policies
All REC COVID19 recommendations will be followed along with these:
Updated information as of 2/1/2022
- Masks are recommended but not required for this event. If participating schools have different requirements concerning masks, we advise you to use your best judgment and follow your school policy. Please see the Health & Safety tab for further details.
- Spectators will be permitted.
- All In-Person Judging - The Team Interviews and Engineering Notebooks will be judged in-person the day of the event. Teams should bring a physical copy of their notebook to submit to the judges.