Iowa Park Invitational
- 12-Feb-2024 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Field Control System
- VEXNet Field Control
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Texas - Region 5
- Max Registrations per Organization
- Standard Registration Opens
- 17-Nov-2023 12:00 EST
- Registration Deadline
- 16-Jan-2024 14:00 EST
- Payment Deadline
- 17-Jan-2024 23:59 EST
- It is past the registration deadline.
We will have a concession stand and will also have
pizza orders in advance.
Tentative - Awards Presented
|Robot Skills Winner
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found here.
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Goggles/Safety Glasses/ Masks or shields
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and
Excellence Awards )
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read the REC Foundation Team Guide. Especially pages 23 -27.
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament. The referee training videos can be found here.
10. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide. The guide can be found here.
A form for all participants must be completed online.
It will be held at the Region IX Service Center in Wichita Falls, TX.
Grade Level: All
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
1 Bob Dawson Dr, Iowa Park, TX 76367
Iowa Park, Texas 76367
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
8:00 AM Doors open, teams check-in, pits open.
8:15-9:30 AM Robot Inspections
9:45 AM Opening Ceremonies
10:00-10:15 AM Drivers meeting
10:15-12:30 PM Qualifying Rounds
12:30-1:00 PM Lunch
1:15-1:30 PM Qualifying Rounds
1:30-1:45 PM Alliance Selection
2:00-2:45 PM Elimination Rounds/Finals
3::00-3:30 PM Awards Ceremony
4:00 PM Close Venue
Contact Joanne Hawkins at [email protected]
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
In the event of bad weather this event will be rescheduled, and/or refunds will be issued less the $5.00 REC Foundation administration charge.
Refund and Payment Policies
We will refund all but $5.00 of entry fees for cancellations prior to January 28, 2018. After this date, no refunds will be issued.
Health and Safety Policies
Health and Safety Policies
Masks will be required at all times.
Entry procedures will require a Covid screening and temperature check.
Teams will be required to stay at their assigned Pit location unless called to the queing station.
Teams are limited to 4 members and 1 coach on campus.
hand washing/sanatizing will be required at each area entry point.
Skills will be by appointment only.
- All In-Person Judging - The Team Interviews and Engineering Notebooks will be judged in-person the day of the event. Teams should bring a physical copy of their notebook to submit to the judges.