Colorado VRC Middle School State Championships
Hosted by KDS Robotics
- 1-Mar-2024 - 2-Mar-2024 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Field Control System
- Smart Field Control
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Standard Registration Opens
- 1-Sep-2023 09:00 EDT
- Registration Deadline
- 23-Feb-2024 20:00 EST
- Payment Deadline
- 28-Feb-2024 20:00 EST
- This event currently has no spaces available.
- It is past the registration deadline.
- We will be following a 2-day schedule; however, only Saturday (3/2) attendance is required. Please see the agenda tab for more information.
- The Judging Format will be Remote Engineering Notebooks/In-Person Interviews for this event. All engineering notebooks must be submitted digitally via RobotEvents by Wednesday, February 28th, at 11:59PM to be reviewed by judges.
- We will be using Smart Field Control to connect to fields! Please ensure your team has set up their robot to connect to our fields following the instructions available here.
- Competition Fields will be elevated to 24 inches. Skills and practice fields will remain on the ground.
Dates - Friday 3/1/24 4:30pm - 8:30pm Optional (Pits Open, Inspection, Skills, and Practice Matches)
Saturday 3/2/23 8am - 5pm (Inspection, Skills, Matches, and Judging)
Location - Kent Denver Field House/Yates Pavillion (4000 E Quincy Ave, Englewood, CO 80113) / Campus Map
Local food trucks will be onsite to provide lunch for purchase (online/mobile advance ordering will be available starting 72 hours before the event to alleviate lines during lunch). Bringing outside food is allowed (we recommend all teams bring drinks and snacks for the day), however we encourage you to support local business by ordering from the onsite trucks during lunch.
If any team has finanical barriers and needs assistance with event costs, please reach out to [email protected].
Have questions or concerns? Please send us a message using the contact box to the side!
Grade Level: Middle School
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: Remote Engineering Notebooks
Event Dates & Locations
Date: 1-Mar-2024 - 2-Mar-2024Venue/Location:
4000 East Quincy Avenue
Cherry Hills Village, Colorado 80113
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
- 4:30PM - Check-in Open, Pits Open
- 5PM to 8PM - Inspection and Skills
- 6PM to 8PM - Practice Matches (self organized by teams, time for teams to practice on elevated fields)
- 8:30PM - Doors Close (Pits, Inspection, Skills - Closed)
- 8AM - Doors Open, Pits Open
- 8AM to 8:45AM - Inspections and Check-in
- 8:45AM to 9AM - Welcome and Driver Meetings
- 9AM to 12:30PM - Qualifications and Skills
- 12:30PM to 1:30PM - Lunch
- 1:30PM to 2:30PM Qualifications and Skills continued
- 2:30PM to 3PM - Alliance Selection
- 3PM to 4:30PM - Finals
- 5PM - Awards
If possible, we highly encourage teams to check in, pass inspection, and run Skills on Friday. We will have at minimum two Skills fields available for all teams (with Skills open during the times listed above); however, we recommend teams do their Skills runs as early as possible given how busy Saturday's match timing will be.
We cannot run our event without volunteers! If you or someone you know are interested in helping us run a successful State Championship, then please use the link below to sign up for one of our volunteer positions. We ask that each team provides at least one volunteer, in order to help us fill slots.
Volunteers will be provided breakfast, lunch, and a t-shirt (as well as the immense appreciation of all students)!
Intersted in judging (remote judging via zoom available)? Sign up here!
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
In the event of an emergency or bad weather, a cancellation email will be sent to the emails of those who registered (and to all volunteers) as soon as that decision is made. For more information, please reach out to the event manager on the general info tab.
Refund and Payment Policies
Refunds will be provided up until three weeks before the event, if requested by a team. Any registration made within 3 weeks of the event is final and not eligible for a refund.
If a refund is issued for any reason, only $245 of the full event fee ($250) will be returned due to the non-refundable RECF fee.
Can't attend or want to get into the action from afar?
We have the solution for you! Use the links below to view the LIVE event stream and experience the event no matter where you are!
(Note: The livestream will be active on Saturday, March 2nd)
This event will use Remote Engineering Notebooks/In-Person Interviews for its judging format. In order to better prepare teams for the World Championships and allow judges adequate time to evaluate notebooks, we will require digital submission of engineering notebooks for all teams at the event. All team interviews will continue to be in person on Saturday.
- Team Interviews will occur in-person on Saturday, March 4th
- Engineering Notebooks must be submitted digitally via robotevents by Wednesday, February 28th, at 11:59PM to be reviewed by judges
- NOTE: any notebooks submitted after the deadline or brought in-person to the event will not be eligible to be reviewed by judges per REC guidelines
This event will be taking place at Kent Denver School's Field House
Address: 4000 E Quincy Ave, Englewood, CO 80113
Instructions once on campus (or follow below Map):
- Proceed down main campus road
- Turn in to first parking lot as you enter (next to track/field)
- Park in any space that is not reserved or blocked off.
Campus Map (Tournament is at Location C, Vehicles park in Deso/Yates Parking, Buses Park in Junior Lot)
View below or click here to open in new window
1 teams are on the waitlist for this event.