Tonsley | VRC Middle School | In-Person Tournament
@ Tonsley Innovation District
- 15-Sep-2023 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Field Control System
- VEXNet Field Control
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Standard Registration Opens
- 31-Jul-2023 08:00 EDT
- Registration Deadline
- 4-Sep-2023 16:00 EDT
- Payment Deadline
- 8-Sep-2023 21:00 EDT
- It is past the registration deadline.
Full details on the event including running times will be available at: https://datta.sa.edu.au/datta-sa-vex-tournament/
Please check you are registering the correct aged team! This competition is the MIDDLE school division.
VRC Age and Team Clarifications
Student – A person is considered a Student if they meet both of the following criteria:
1. Anyone who is earning or has earned credit toward a high school diploma, certificate, or other equivalent during the six (6) months preceding the VEX Robotics World Championship. Courses earning credits leading up to high school would satisfy this requirement.
2. Anyone born after May 1, 2004 (i.e., who will be 19 or younger at VEX Worlds 2024). Eligibility may also be granted based on a disability that has delayed education by at least one year.
• Middle School Student – A Student born after May 1, 2008 (i.e., who will be 15 or younger at VEX Worlds 2024). A Middle School Student may “play up” and compete as a High School Student.
• High School Students – Any eligible Student that is not a Middle School Student.
Team – One or more Students make up a Team.
• A Team is classified as a Middle School Team if all members are Middle School Students.
• A Team is classified as a High School Team if any of its members are High School Students, or if the Team is made up of Middle School Students who declare themselves “playing up” as High School Students by registering their Team as a High School Team.
Once a Team has competed in an event as a High School Team, that Team may not change back to a Middle School Team for the remainder of the season. Teams may be associated with schools, community/youth organisations, or groups of neighbourhood Students. In the context of this Game Manual, Teams contain three types of Student roles related to Robot build, design, and programming. See and for more information. Adults may not fulfil any of these roles.
Grade Level: Middle School
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
6 MAB Eastern Promenade
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
Basic Times for School teams to help you plan for buses! Judges will be provided with modifications to this time schedule as we can accomodate needs to leave earlier.
- Registration will open: 8:30 am (teams can start to turn up, be marked off, make their way to pit areas)
- Robot Inspection for IQ teams will begin from 9:00am Please note: Teams competing in first 2 matches will be prioritised
- Opening Ceremony: 9:30 am
- Robot Inspection for VRC teams will begin from 9:45am. Please note: Teams competing in first 2 matches will be prioritised
- Matches begin 10:00am
- Close 3:00pm
Please register to judge at the event by clicking here.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
Refund and Payment Policies
If the Event Partner cancels the event:
The teams will be refunded.
If a Coach/Mentor completes registration for the event then chooses to withdraw or not attend:
No refund is applicable after the event registration closes.
- All In-Person Judging - The Team Interviews and Engineering Notebooks will be judged in-person the day of the event. Teams should bring a physical copy of their notebook to submit to the judges.
- Digital Engineering Notebook Submissions / In Person Team Interviews: Team interviews will be conducted in-person at the event. Engineering notebooks will be submitted digitally for evaluation via a link found within the "My Account" panel of the team contact on RobotEvents. A submission deadline that may be scheduled ahead of the event date.