North High School VEX Robotics Tournament - Over Under (MS)
VRC Middle School
- 15-Dec-2023 - 16-Dec-2023 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Field Control System
- VEXNet Field Control
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Max Registrations per Organization
- Early-Bird Registration Opens
- 4-Sep-2023 16:00 EDT
- Standard Registration Opens
- 3-Nov-2023 16:00 EDT
- Registration Deadline
- 11-Dec-2023 16:00 EST
- Payment Deadline
- 4-Dec-2023 16:00 EST
All participating teams must be registered with VEX Robotics and the Robot Events website and have their offical team number for this event. All registration fee's must be paid in full no later than five weeks after registering for this event or three weeks prior to the event (November 25, 2023). Failure to comply may result in your team(s) being removed from the event.Tournament fees must be paid before teams are allowed to compete.
Lunch and Concessions
Full concessions will be available Friday evening and Saturday from 9:00 am to 2:30 pm.
Please note - ALL - teams must check in and pass inspection Friday, December 15, 2023.
Select the Agenda tab for more information
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. V5 Inspection checklist found Robot Inspection Checklist.
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and
Excellence Awards )
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read VEX Tournaments 101
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to take the referee certification training course VRC Referee Certification Course or the Drive Team Certification before they attend a tournament.
Participation and Consent Form
A Participant Release form must be completed for all participants prior to team check-in. Team leaders are responsible for seeing that all team members attending the event have completed the release. The form is online now and can be found Participant Release Form Instructions or Instrucciones del formulario de autorización del participante.
Grade Level: Middle School
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
Date: 15-Dec-2023 - 16-Dec-2023Venue/Location:
4410 North 36th Street
Omaha, Nebraska 68111
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
Friday, December 15, 2023
3:45 p.m. - Pits Open
3:45 p.m. - Team registration and Inspections (Friday Night Only)
4:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. - Skills Challenges (Friday Night Only)
4:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. - Judging in the Pits
Saturday, December 16, 2023
7:15 a.m. - Pits Open
8:15 a.m. - 8:25 a.m. - Opening Ceremony
8:25 a.m. - 8:45 a.m. - Drivers and Coaching Meeting
9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. - Judging in the Pits
9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. - Qualifying Rounds
12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m. - Lunch
12:45 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. - Qualifying Rounds
3:00 p.m. - 3:20 p.m. - Alliance Selection
3:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. - Finals
5:00 p.m. - 5:15 p.m. - Award Ceremony
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
In the case of inclement weather, all team advisors will be contacted via email. While sometimes weather can be unpredictable, usually we will make a decision by 4:00pm the day before the event, if not earlier. I will also update the "EVENT NAME" to read "CANCELED" at the top.
Please ensure your contact information in Robotevents is current
Depending on the circumstances, we will make every effort to reschedule, rather than outright cancel the event.
Refund and Payment Policies
- Full refund if request is made 3 weeks prior to the event (minus the $5.00 fee if paid through Robotevents).
- Half (50%) refund if request is made 2 weeks prior to the event (minus the $5.00 fee if paid through Robotevents).
- No refund if request is made less than 2 weeks prior to event.
The webcast can be found at https://striv.tv/omaha-north/
All In-Person Judging - The Team Interviews and Engineering Notebooks will be judged in-person the day of the event. Teams should bring a physical copy of their notebook to submit to the judges.
0 teams are on the waitlist for this event.