Cathedral High School VEX Robotics Tournament
Blended VRC MS/HS 2023-2024: Over Under
- 20-Jan-2024 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Field Control System
- Smart Field Control
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Max Registrations per Organization
- Early-Bird Registration Opens
- 13-Nov-2023 16:00 EST
- Standard Registration Opens
- 9-Dec-2023 16:00 EST
- Registration Deadline
- 17-Jan-2024 16:00 EST
- Payment Deadline
- 8-Jan-2024 16:00 EST
- This event currently has no spaces available.
- It is past the registration deadline.
Welcome to the Cathedral VEX Robotics Tournament. We look forward to hosting our third robotics tournament This is Cathedral's seventh season as part of VEX Robotics.
This tournament is a mixed MS/HS VEX VRC Tournament.
All participating teams must be registered with VEX Robotics and the Robot Events website and have an official team number before registering for this event. Tournament fees must be paid before teams are allowed to compete. Registration and payments should be made through the Robot Events website.
Due to the layout of the school, certain teams/programs will be asked to pit in certain classrooms, instead of the gym. If your team/program has a preference, please let the EP know. The EP will let each program the layout the week of the tournament.
Lunch and Confessions
Concessions will be offered at the tournament but will be limited based on our location in New Ulm. Students/Teams are allowed to bring food and beverages to the tournament. Due to this, we ask that students/teams clean up after themselves (especially if they are in a classroom).
The judging is in person. We will be collecting physical engineering notebooks at this event and they should be turned in the school foyer (right as you enter the main doors).
32 teams will participate in elimination matches. All elimination matches will be best of-1
All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
Review all game information: Current Game Webpage
- Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. Robots must use VEX V5 parts. Please self-inspect before arriving at the tournament using the V5 Robot Inspection Checklist
- Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
- Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on robotevents.com
- Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
- Goggles/Safety Glasses
- Spare parts & tools
- Batteries and chargers
- Power strip and extension cord
- Laptop computer
- Programming cable
- Engineering notebook (Required for judged awards)
- Banners and other decorations for your team pit table
- Giveaways if you have them
- Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VEX Tournament.
- Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
- Prep for your interviews with the judges and read the Judge's Guide. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
- Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby, as teams are close to each other in the venue pit area. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks, ask the tournament director for a safe location if grinding is needed.
- Ensure that you have the latest version of programming software and firmware for your V5 Brain.
Participation and Consent Form
A completed form for all participants must be uploaded to robotevents.com prior to the tournament. Team leaders will need to check that all team members attending the event have completed the online consent form prior to the tournament. Instructions on how to upload consent forms in English or Spanish is given here: VEX Consent Form (English) or VEX Consent Form (Spanish)
Grade Level: All
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
600 North Washington Street
New Ulm, Minnesota 56073
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
Tentative Agenda (subject to change):
7:30 AM: Check-in/inspection; Practice Fields Open
8:30 AM: All teams need to be checked in & notebooks turned in
9:00 AM: Check-in/Inspection closes
9:15 AM: Opening Ceremony/Team Meeting
9:30 AM: Qualification rounds begin
12:30 PM: Lunch Break
1:00 PM: Qualification rounds continue
3:00 PM: End qualifications
3:15 PM: Alliance Selection for elimination rounds
3:30 PM: Elimination rounds
4:30 PM: Closing and Awards Ceremony
Please contact EP to volunteer and we accept any parent volunteers from all schools. Volunteer sign-up will available at a later date.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
If the event is canceled, then canceled will appear in the title of the event.
Refund and Payment Policies
If the Event Partner cancels the event:
If the tournament is canceled, we will try to reschedule. Refunds will not be offered.
If a Coach/Mentor completes registration for the event and then chooses to withdraw or not attend:
If a team withdraws from the tournament, refunds will not be offered.
Date: 20-Jan-2024Cathedral High School
600 North Washington Street
New Ulm, Minnesota 56073
The address for the tournament location is 600 North Washington Street, New Ulm, MN 56073. Teams should enter through the Main Entrance (by 6th North Street) into the Foyer/Gym Entrance. Buses should park on the street, by Washington Park (across the street from the high school), or in the St. Anthony's Parking Lot (across the street from the high school). Any parents/visitors can park on the street or in the school parking lot. However, the doors by the high school parking lot will be locked.
For this tournament, we will be following the All-In-Person Judging Protocol. The Team Interviews and Engineering Notebooks will be judged in person on the day of the event. Teams should bring a physical copy of their notebook to submit to the judges.