Gross Catholic VRC Tournament - Over Under
High School VRC
- 27-Jan-2024 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Field Control System
- Smart Field Control
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Max Registrations per Organization
- Early-Bird Registration Opens
- 31-Jul-2023 16:00 EDT
- Standard Registration Opens
- 16-Dec-2023 16:00 EST
- Registration Deadline
- 22-Jan-2024 16:00 EST
- Payment Deadline
- 15-Jan-2024 16:00 EST
- This event has reached capacity. Teams on waitlist may still be added.
- It is past the registration deadline.
All participating teams must be registered with VEX Robotics and the Robot Events website and have an official team number before registering for this event. Tournament fees must be paid before teams are allowed to compete. Registration and payments should be made through the Robot Events website.
Lunch and Concessions
Full concessions will be available from 9 am to 3 pm. Lunch specials will be announced.
Excellence Award - Top All Around Team
Tournament Champions - Each Team on Winning Alliance
Design Award - Team with a professional design approach
Judges Award - Recognition from Judges for special accomplishments
Robot Skills Winner - Team with the highest combined programming and driver skills
All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
Review all game information: Current Game Webpage
- Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. Robots must use VEX V5 parts. Please self inspect before arriving at the tournament using the V5 Robot Inspection Checklist
- Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
- Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on robotevents.com
- Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
- Goggles/Safety Glasses
- Spare parts & tools
- Batteries and chargers
- Power strip and extension cord
- Laptop computer
- Programming cable
- Engineering notebook (Required for judged awards)
- Banners and other decorations for your team pit table
- Giveaways if you have them
- Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VEX Tournament.
- Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
- Prep for your interviews with the judges and read the Judge's Guide. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
- Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby, as teams are close to each other in the venue pit area. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks, ask the tournament director for a safe location if grinding is needed.
- Ensure that you have the latest version of programming software and firmware for your V5 Brain.
Participation and Consent Form
A completed form for all participants must be uploaded to robotevents.com prior to the tournament. Team leaders will need to check that all team members attending the event have completed the online consent form prior to the tournament. Instructions on how to upload consent forms in English or Spanish is given here: VEX Consent Form (English) or VEX Consent Form (Spanish)
Grade Level: High School
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
7700 South 43rd Street
Bellevue, Nebraska 68147
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
07:00 Venue Opens
08:00-(End of Qualifications) Skills
10:00-10:15 Opening Ceremony, Drivers Meeting
10:30-03:30 Qualification Matches
12:00-12:30 Lunch Break
03:30-03:45 Alliance Selection
04:00-05:30 Elimination Matches and Awards
If you would like to volunteer for this event please contact Steve Hamersky at [email protected].
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
In case of inclement weather, check the Event on Robot Events for further updates the night before the tournament date. In the event of cancellation we will try to reschedule.
Refund and Payment Policies
In case of inclement weather and the tournament is cancelled, registration fees received will be returned minus the $5.00 processing fee. If something happens and you are unable to attend the competition, please notify the primary contact through email or phone. Refunds for non-attendance will only be given if your cancellation notice is received no later than 1 week prior to the event date.
Health and Safety Policies
Health and safety information will be updated as needed. At this time there are no special health and safety issues.
Gross Catholic VRC Tournament - Over Under streaming link
In-Person Judging - The Team Interviews and Engineering Notebooks will be judged in-person the day of the event. Teams should bring a physical copy of their notebook to submit to the judges. Notebooks should be submitted at the registration table as teams check in. Teams will be judged at their pit tables before and during the qualification matches.