Bot Battle at the Bluff (HS Only)
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- South Carolina
- Max Registrations per Organization
- Early-Bird Registration Opens
- 19-Sep-2022 08:00 EDT
- Standard Registration Opens
- 1-Oct-2022 08:00 EDT
- Registration Deadline
- 5-Nov-2022 09:11 EDT
- This event currently has no spaces available.
- It is past the registration deadline.
Picture with layout of school grounds posted. Busses must use entrance C. Drop of students in the bus loop by door "4" Cafeteria. Cafeteria is where the crew pits are located. All other vehicles use entrance A and come through door "3" or go to the buss loop and use the same door "4".
Picture with indoor layout of Crew pits, Event Arena, posted.
Lunch options. At this time we could have the Concession stands open from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Other options, within 5 minutes driving distance: Subway, Chick-fil-A, Starbucks, McDonalds, Taco Bell, Chili's.
No food or drinks in the Event Arena (gym).
Grade Level: High School
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
320 Corley Mill Road
Lexington, South Carolina 29072
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
7:00 a.m. - Doors Open
8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. - Registration, Check-in and Inspection
9:10 a.m. - Drivers and Coaches meeting
9:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Qualifications Start & Skills Challenge Opens
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. Lunch
1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. Qualifications Continue & Skills Challenge Closes
2:15 p.m. - Alliance Selection
2:45 p.m. - Elimination Matches
4:00 p.m. – Awards
Volunteers are essential like high strength axles: we need YOU!
Please contact Horst Daichendt @ firstname.lastname@example.org or Sarah Tooley @ email@example.com.
Refreshments and lunch will be provided.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
We will always follow the advice of the state's emergency management service. In the event of a weather event, the tournament will be cancelled. In the event the tournament is cancelled, refunds will be given. Cancellation will be communicated no later than 24 hours before doors open.
All payments must be received by Nov 5, 2022. If payment not received by that time, your team will be moved to the waiting list.
No refunds will be given to teams that do not show up.
Refunds will only be given if we cancel the event. The refund amount will be $75. Finally, refunds will not be issued until after the event and all payments have been received from RobotEvents.com.
Please review the following Judging Format options and keep the ones that apply to your event, and delete the others that do not apply. Please see the Remote Judging section of the Guide to Judging for more information.
- All In-Person Judging - The Team Interviews and Engineering Notebooks will be judged in-person the day of the event. Teams should bring a physical copy of their notebook to submit to the judges.
- Digital Engineering Notebook Submissions / In Person Team Interviews: Team interviews will be conducted in-person at the event. Engineering notebooks will be submitted digitally for evaluation via a link found within the "My Account" panel of the team contact on RobotEvents. A submission deadline that may be scheduled ahead of the event date.