Goodland VRC Spin Up Tournament: Blended- CANCELLED
- 4-Feb-2023 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Field Control System
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Standard Registration Opens
- 4-Oct-2022 20:00 EDT
- Registration Deadline
- 21-Jan-2023 09:00 EST
- This event has been canceled.
- It is past the registration deadline.
Welcome to the Goodland VRC Spin Up Tournament. This is a blended event. The event will be held in the Goodland High School Gym in Goodland, KS. Teams will be provided a table for their robot and additional equipment. Bleacher seating will be available for spectators to watch the meet.
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments.
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure.
Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and Excellence Awards )
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
4. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding of parts or other actions that create sparks will be allowed. A designated area will be made available to teams for alterations.
5. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament. The referee training videos can be found here..
6. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide. The guide can be found here..
7. To ensure that you have the latest version of firmware make sure that you have the latest update of your programming software.
8. Participation and Consent Form - A completed form for all participants must be posted online prior to check-in.
Concessions will be available at the Max Jones Field House next door.
If this event is full, please contact Pamela Zweygardt, Event Planner ([email protected]) regarding availability and to be added to a waitlist.
Grade Level: All
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: No Judging
Event Dates & Locations
1209 Cherry Ave, Goodland, KS 67735
Goodland, Kansas 67735
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
All times are MOUNTAIN TIME
8:00 AM Doors Open
8:00 - 8:30 AM Inspections
8:30 - 10:00 AM Skills
10:00 - 11:00 Qualification Matches
11:00 - 12:00 PM Alliance Selection, Finals, and Awards
12:30 PM Adjourn- Please help load out
*subject to change based on number of teams entered
Volunteers are welcome to assist. We will train individuals to help us with the day. Contact Pamela Zweygardt at [email protected]. Student volunteers may be used for field reset and queing.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
We will attempt to reschedule at the earliest possible time.
Refund and Payment Policies
In the event the tournament is cancelled due to bad weather, teams will receive a refund minus the $5 RobotEvents fee.
For cancelation reasons unrelated to the weather, there will be no refunds.
5 teams are on the waitlist for this event.