Goodland VRC Spin Up Tournament: Blended
Welcome to the Goodland VRC Spin Up Tournament. This is a blended event. The event will be held in the commons room of NWKTC in Goodland, KS. Teams will be provided a table for their robot and additional equipment. Bleacher seating will be available for spectators to watch the meet.
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments.
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure.
Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and Excellence Awards )
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
4. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding of parts or other actions that create sparks will be allowed. A designated area will be made available to teams for alterations.
5. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament. The referee training videos can be found here..
6. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide. The guide can be found here..
7. To ensure that you have the latest version of firmware make sure that you have the latest update of your programming software.
8. Participation and Consent Form - A completed form for all participants must be posted online prior to check-in.
As we get closer to February, more information will be made available regarding concessions and lunch options.
If this event is full, please contact Pamela Zweygardt, Event Planner (firstname.lastname@example.org) regarding availability and to be added to a waitlist.
Grade Level: All
Skills Challenge Offered: No
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
1209 Harrison Avenue Goodland, KS 67735
Goodland, Kansas 67735
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
All times are MOUNTAIN TIME
7:30AM Doors Open
8:30-11:30AM Qualification Matches
11:30AM-12:30PM Lunch Break
12:30- 4:00PM Alliance Selection, Finals, and Awards
4:00PM Adjourn- Please help load out
*subject to change based on number of teams entered
Volunteers are welcome to assist. We will train individuals to help us with the day. Contact Pamela Zweygardt at email@example.com. Student volunteers may be used for field reset and queing.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
We will attempt to reschedule at the earliest possible time.
In the event the tournament is cancelled due to bad weather, teams will receive a refund minus the $5 RobotEvents fee.
For cancelation reasons unrelated to the weather, there will be no refunds.
- All In-Person Judging - The Team Interviews and Engineering Notebooks will be judged in-person the day of the event. Teams should bring a physical copy of their notebook to submit to the judges.
0 teams are on the waitlist for this event.