MSU Mankato Middle School VRC Tournament
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Early-Bird Registration Opens
- 3-Oct-2022 16:00 EDT
- Standard Registration Opens
- 4-Nov-2022 16:00 EDT
- Registration Deadline
- 10-Dec-2022 05:00 EST
- It is past the registration deadline.
Welcome to the Minnesota State University - Mankato VRC High School Tournament. We are looking to have a fun and exciting day. Being this tournament is so close to Christmas, we are encouraging all students/teams to dress up in the spirit of Christmas. Let's have some fun during the holidays.
All participating teams must be registered with VEX Robotics and the Robot Events website and have an official team number before registering for this event. Tournament fees must be paid before teams are allowed to compete. Registration and payments should be made through the Robot Events website.
We will be collecting Physical engineering notebooks at this event for judging.
Lunch and Concessions
Full concessions will be available from 8 am to 4 pm.
Up to 32 teams will participate in elimination matches. All elimination matches will be best of 1
All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
Review all game information: Current Game Webpage
- Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. Robots must use VEX V5 parts. Please self inspect before arriving at the tournament using the V5 Robot Inspection Checklist
- Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
- Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on robotevents.com
- Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
- Goggles/Safety Glasses
- Spare parts & tools
- Batteries and chargers
- Power strip and extension cord
- Laptop computer
- Programming cable
- Engineering notebook (Required for judged awards)
- Banners and other decorations for your team pit table
- Giveaways if you have them
- Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VEX Tournament.
- Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
- Prep for your interviews with the judges and read the Judge's Guide. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
- Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby, as teams are close to each other in the venue pit area. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks, ask the tournament director for a safe location if grinding is needed.
- Ensure that you have the latest version of programming software and firmware for your V5 Brain.
Participation and Consent Form
A completed form for all participants must be uploaded to robotevents.com prior to the tournament. Team leaders will need to check that all team members attending the event have completed the online consent form prior to the tournament. Instructions on how to upload consent forms in English or Spanish is given here: VEX Consent Form (English) or VEX Consent Form (Spanish)
Grade Level: Middle School
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
Mankato, Minnesota 56001
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
Tentative Agenda (subject to change):
7:30 AM: Check in/inspection; Practice Fields Open
8:30 AM: All teams need to be checked in & notebooks turned in
9:00 AM: Check in/Inspection closes
9:15 AM: Opening Ceremony/Team Meeting
9:30 AM: Qualification rounds begin
12:00 PM: Lunch Break
12:30PM: Qualification rounds continue
3:00 PM: End qualifications
3:15 PM: Alliance Selection for elimination rounds
3:30 PM: Elimination rounds
4:30 PM: Closing and Awards Ceremony
Many volunteers are needed to make this day a success. We especially need judges :)
Volunteer Sign up Link: https://signup.com/go/powBVJT
*Volunteers will have coffee, hot chocolate, and donuts available for breakfast/morning snack. Lunch(usually Chipotle) will be provided to all volunteers with pop and water available. Volunteers will also receive a T-shirt at check in for the day.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
We will do everything possible to host this tournament...if the tournament needs to be cancelled registered teams will be notified
We are offering a refund(minus $5 RECF fee) if event is cancelled and NOT postponed.
If a team withdraws from the tournament, we will not be offering a refund.
- All In-Person Judging - The Team Interviews and Engineering Notebooks will be judged in-person the day of the event. Teams should bring a physical copy of their notebook to submit to the judges.