North Carolina Northern VRC Qualifier (MS/HS)
- 4-Feb-2023 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Field Control System
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- North Carolina
- Max Registrations per Organization
- Early-Bird Registration Opens
- 16-Sep-2022 15:54 EDT
- Standard Registration Opens
- 24-Dec-2022 15:54 EST
- Registration Deadline
- 20-Jan-2023 15:55 EST
- This event currently has no spaces available.
- It is past the registration deadline.
- In-Person Tournament
- Face-to-Face Judging
- Physical Engineering Notebooks
- Skills Offered
We are looking forward to hosting you and your teams in what promises to be an amazing event with teams from all over North Carolina. Please refer to the agenda tab for the schedule. We anticipate that each team will have seven competition rounds for this event, however, this may change due to the number of registered teams and match reset rates. We are planning an in-person tournament, with in-person judging and physical notebooks. If you keep a digital notebook, a printed notebook housed in a three-ring binder is acceptable. Some Middle School specific awards may not be given out depending on the number of middle school teams that register for this event. We will award these awards if we have enough competing teams.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at [email protected]
Grade Level: All
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
134 North Pierce Street
Eden, North Carolina 27288
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
7:30 am Doors open for volunteers
8:00 am Registration, Pits, Skills field, and Inspection open
9:00 am Opening Ceremony, Registration & Inspection Closed
9:10 am Drivers meeting
9:30 am Qualification matches begin
12:30 pm Break for lunch (Skills open)
1:15 pm Qualification matches continue
2:45 pm Qualification matches finish
3:00 pm Alliance Selections
3:30 pm Elimination matches begin
4:45 pm Awards ceremony
5:30 pm Competition event closes
NOTE: Each team will have a maximum of 3 Programming Skills and 3 Robot Skills rounds.
Get Inspired and have fun! Be a part of the excitement by joining a team of volunteers who help in a variety of ways to make this event a success for the students. Please send me a message if you would like to volunteer.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
All events are indoors.
Weather-related decisions are made at the district level. In the event we have to cancel due to weather conditions, an announcement on this site as well as through email will be made immediately after that decision is made.
If Rockingham County Schools is in session on Friday and the weather appears to hold on Saturday, we will hold the event.
Teams need to make safe decisions regarding travel.
Refund and Payment Policies
If the Event Partner cancels/postpones the event:
- We will issue partial refunds to teams who cannot attend an alternate date.
If a Coach/Mentor completes registration for the event and then chooses to withdraw or not attend:
- Partial refunds of $75 will be issued up to January 13, 2023. Any teams canceling beyond this date or not showing for the event will not receive a refund.
Teams that do not pay will not be allowed to participate. No payments will be accepted on the day of the event.
- All requests for refunds must be made 3 weeks prior to the event via email to [email protected].
- All refund requests must be made by the adult sponsor who must register with Rockingham County Schools finance department as a Vendor.
- Refunds, if approved, will be processed within 2 months following the event.
- Any cancellations inside of the three-week window prior to the event will not get a refund.
- No refunds after January 13th., 2023.
Health and Safety Policies
This event will follow any currently applied North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services Guidelines.
Date: 4-Feb-2023134 N Pierce St
134 North Pierce Street
Eden, North Carolina 27288
J.M. Morehead High School
134 N. Pierce Street
Eden, NC 27288
Parking available in the front of the gym for smaller vehicles and directly behind the gym for larger vehicles or teams carrying a lot of equipment.
Ordered by Approximate Distance from MHS Eden Eateries on Google Maps
- Subway #1
- Burger King
- PaPa Johns
- Pizza Hut
- Taco Bell
- SubWay #2
- Little Caesars
Dine In or Take Out
- The Oneway Cafe @Osborne Baptist Church
- Santana’s Mexican Restaurant
- Fishermans Galley
- Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant
- OkoKu Express Japanese Restaurant
- Chaney’s Restaurant
- Sirloin House
- King’s Inn Pizza
- Sakura Japanese
- Elizabeth Pizza
- Ruby Tuesday
- El Parral
- Circle Drive-in
- That Little Pork Shop
- Dicks Drive-in
- Stella’s Pizza
- Downtown Deli
- Church Street Station
- The Mustard Seed Cafe
Details coming soon!
- All In-Person Judging - The Team Interviews and Engineering Notebooks will be judged in-person the day of the event. Teams should bring a physical copy of their notebook to submit to the judges.