2023 Arizona VRC Middle School State Championship
- 25-Feb-2023 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Field Control System
- VEXNet Field Control
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Standard Registration Opens
- 15-Oct-2022 09:00 EDT
- Registration Deadline
- 17-Feb-2023 09:00 EST
- It is past the registration deadline.
Welcome teams! We are excited for you to attend the 2023 Arizona Middle School State Championship!
Qualifying for The 2023 VEX Robotics World Championship
Updated January 6th, 2023: This championship event will qualify 5 teams to the 2023 VEX Robotics World Championship:
- Excellence Award (1)
- Tournament Champions (2)
- Design Award (1)
- Robot Skills Champion (1)
New for this season, if a team double‑qualifies, the extra spot will be awarded to the next unqualified middle‑school team who is ranked highest in the Robot Skills Challenge at the 2023 Arizona VRC MS State Championship. These do not include scores posted prior to the state championship. See the official Qualifying Criteria for more details.
Competition Fields Information:
The competition fields will use the metal competition field perimeter with the GPS Field Code V2 strips installed. Robot skills challenge fields will use the .portable competition field. The practice fields will also use the metal competition field perimeter with at least one field using the GPS Field Code V2 strips, and one Portable field.
Concessions will be offered at this event and we encourage you to take advantage of the food, drink and snacks throughout the day. For your convenience, teams will also be allowed to bring food into the building. An eating area will be set up so that people are not eating in the gym. Thank you for your cooperation.
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for the competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
- Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found on the Documents tab.
- Check the official game manual and Q&As at robotevents.com for rule updates and changes.
- Carefully read all of the information contained on this webpage and emails sent to participants
- Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
• Spare parts & tools
• Batteries, chargers, and a power strip
• Micro USB cable
• Laptop computer
• Engineering notebook
• Banners and other decorations for your team pit
• Giveaways if you have them
- Ensure your robot brain has the latest version of the firmware.
- Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
- Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
Participation and Consent Form
Consent forms are required for all students, mentors, and coaches on a VRC team. Consent forms are now done online one time and are good for the entire season at all REC approved events.
Grade Level: Middle School
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
10045 East Madero Avenue
Mesa, Arizona 85209
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
• 5:00pm: Pre-event set up, if you can volunteer to help, we would really appreciate it! Sign up here: https://forms.gle/9B6KhjBcU8AatqVE7
Teams who help set up the event will be allowed to practice on the official competition and skills fields on Friday.
• 7:00am: Doors open
• 7:15am: Volunteer Meeting in gym atrium
• 7:30am: Inspection begins, skills matches begin
• 8:00am: Coaches Meeting in gym atrium
• 8:30am: Inspection closes, skills matches pause
• 8:45am: Opening Ceremony & Team Meeting
• 9:30am: Qualification matches begin, skills matches resume
• 12:00pm: Lunch, qualification matches pause
• 1:00pm: Qualification matches resume
• 3:00pm: Qualification and skills matches end for the event
• 3:15pm: Alliance selection
• 3:45pm: Elimination tournament and awards ceremony
We need many volunteers to make this event possible! There are a variety of positions to fill. To sign up, please fill out the volunteer sign-up form and share!
Direct link: https://forms.gle/9B6KhjBcU8AatqVE7
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
As we are in Arizona, it is extremely unlikely the event will be cancelled due to weather. If an emergency occurs, we will notify everyone registered the tournament is cancelled.
Refund and Payment Policies
No refunds will be given.
This event will be livestreamed on 18x18az's YouTube channel.
Team interviews will be conducted in-person at the Event. Engineering notebooks will be submitted upon check-in on Saturday.