CAMS Long Beach Spin Up Tournament
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- California - Region 4
- Max Registrations per Organization
- Early-Bird Registration Opens
- 5-Sep-2022 20:00 EDT
- Standard Registration Opens
- 27-Aug-2022 20:00 EDT
- Registration Deadline
- 3-Oct-2022 20:00 EDT
- This event currently has no spaces available.
- It is past the registration deadline.
This Spin Up tournament is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
For all rules--How to run a team, do your engineering notebook and steps to build your robot look at the VEX Robotics website.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found here.
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
* Goggles/Safety Glasses
* Spare parts & tools
* Batteries and chargers
* Programming cable
* Power strip
* Laptop computer
* Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and Excellence Awards )
* Banners and other decorations for your team pit
* Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VEX Tournament.
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament. The referee training videos can be found here.
10. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide. The guide can be found here.
11. Ensure that you have the latest version of firmware. .
Teams must be checked in 45 minutes prior to the start of the qualification matches so that the match schedule may be printed. Teams must contact the event partner if they are running late or they will be removed from the team list for the event.
Teams must be paid two weeks prior to the event. Teams not paid at this time may be dropped at the event partner's discretion to allow teams in from the wait list.
Grade Level: All
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
7025 Parkcrest Street
Long Beach, California 90808
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
7:30 am: Doors Open for volunteers
8:00 am: Doors open for team: Registration and Pits Open
8:30 am: Team Meeting
8:45 am: Opening Ceremonies
9:30 am - 12:00 am: Qualifying Matches
12:00 am - 12:30 pm: Lunch
12:30- 3:00 pm: Qualification Matches 3:15 Alliance Selection
3:30 Elimination Matches Begin
5:30 Competition Closes- Clean Up Begins
5:30 - 7:00 Clean Up
Prior to the event, please provide contact information for two representatives that could volunteer at the event. We may need assistance with field set up, resetting fields, scoring, pit management, or tear down.
Please contact the event partner to volunteer at: email@example.com
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
In the event of extremely bad weather or emergency, we will not be able to reschedule the event. Teams should make sure their contact information in Robotevents.com is up to date and includes both school and non-school phone numbers.
No refunds will be given.
Health and Safety Policies
We will be following the guidelines of the Long Beach Health Department. Please check the Long Beach Health Department for the most current guidelines.https://www.longbeach.gov/health/diseases-and-condition/information-on/coronavirus/covid-19-orders/
Pits are located at picnic benches outdoors under a covered pavillion.
The tournament will be held indoors in a gymnasium. Social distancing is highly recommended.
All In-Person Judging - The Team Interviews and Engineering Notebooks will be judged in-person the day of the event. Teams should bring a physical copy of their notebook to submit to the judges..