Piney Woods Spin Up Tournament [HS VRC]
- 14-Jan-2023 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Field Control System
- VEXNet Field Control
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Texas - Region 2
- Max Registrations per Organization
- Standard Registration Opens
- 18-Nov-2022 12:00 EST
- Registration Deadline
- 7-Jan-2023 12:00 EST
- This event currently has no spaces available.
- It is past the registration deadline.
This event will take place in the gym. Soft soled shoes will be required to enter the gym floor. This will be strictly enforced. Thank you for your understanding.
This will be a standard competition with standard judging and skills.
As you prepare for this upcoming event, consider the following:
- Make sure that your robot passes inspection before coming so that our inspection does not have any delays.
- Be aware of rule changes to gameplay as well as field setup. Remember that any challenges to the rules are expected to be brought to the head ref with the rulebook in hand and the supposed rule violation pointed out.
- Make sure you bring all the gear you need. Things that are commonly forgotten: Power cords and strips, goggles, spare motors and wire, USB cable for downloading code, etc.
- Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament. Be aware of which awards require an engineering notebook, an interview, etc.
- Working and adjusting your robot during the tournament is expected and welcome, but if you have to grind or cut metal with a Dremel or grinder, you will do it outside, and you will be responsible for your own safety. I put that responsibility on the individual coaches.
Grade Level: High School
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
1 Bulldog Drive
Carthage, Texas 75633
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
This schedule is subject to change. The qualifying matches, as well as skills challenge times, may change depending on the number of teams and ability to stay on track.
Saturday, January 14, 2023
7:30 am Team Check-in and Inspection Open
8:30 am Check-in Deadline
8:30 am Team and Driver Meeting
8:45 am Match Schedule Released
9:00 am Qualifying Matches Begin
9:00 am – 12:00 pm Skills Challenge Rounds Open
12:00 – 1:00 pm Lunch Break
1:00 – 1:30 pm Skills Challenge Rounds Open
1:00 – 1:30 pm Finish Qualifying Matches
2:00 – 2:30 pm Alliance Selection
2:00 – 3:30 pm Division Playoffs and Awards
3:30 Finals Closing Ceremony and Awards
If you would like to volunteer please feel free to contact Matthew Patterson at [email protected].
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
Notifications will be sent ASAP if it looks like something will interfere with tournament. Make sure the phone number and email address attached to your teams are correct.
Refund and Payment Policies
Refunds will be given on a case by case basis, minus the $5 service fee from the REC foundation. No refunds will be given within two weeks of the event.