R5 VRC Early Season Scrimmage
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Max Registrations per Organization
- It is past the registration deadline.
This is a scrimmage to get our students and coaches familiar with vex tournaments. Don't stress, because this is an early season scrimmage, bots aren't expected to be perfect.
**Note - For this event, organizations are welcome to sign up as many teams as they would like ,but any teams after 4 will be put on the Waitlist and moved to Registered/Competing Teams based on available spots once registration closes.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found here.
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and
Excellence Awards )
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VEX Tournament.
6. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
7. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament.
8. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide.
9. Concessions will be open from 9am to 3pm. (Cash Only Please)
Pizza, Drinks, Chips, & Candy
*We would prefer no outside food or drink in our venue.
Remember our event is free/open to the public,
Please help support our concession stand when possible.
Grade Level: All
Skills Challenge Offered: No
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
1509 Enterprise Boulevard
Lake Charles, Louisiana 70601
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
7:00 am - Volunteers arrive
7:30 am - Doors open to public and coaches/teams
7:30 am to 8:45 am - Event Check-In/Registration/Compliance Check
9:00 am - Opening Ceremonies
9:30 am to 12:00 pm - Matches/Skills Start
12:00 pm to 1:00 pm - Lunch Break
1:00 pm Matches continue
2:30 pm Skills Closes
3:30 pm - Alliance Selection/Finals/Awards
5:00 pm - Venue Closes
Volunteers are needed and appreciated. Individuals or teams wishing to volunteer, please contact the Michael Hardy at email@example.com
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
In the event of an emergency or bad weather, the event may be cancelled.
In any event, teams will be contacted as soon as possible with the information. The event partner will contact teams if the event must be postponed. Teams should make sure their contact information is up to date and includes both school and non-school phone numbers.
Please check your email the day before and the morning of the tournament (before leaving).
There will be no refunds unless the entire tournament is cancelled.
2 teams are on the waitlist for this event.