LCA High School Fall Robotics Tournament
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Standard Registration Opens
- 23-Aug-2022 06:00 EDT
- Registration Deadline
- 31-Oct-2022 12:48 EDT
- This event currently has no spaces available.
- It is past the registration deadline.
Lakeway Christian Academy
3720 Roy Messer Hwy
White Pine, TN 37890
The LCA HS Fall Robotics Tournament in Southeast TN hosted at Lakeway Christian Academy of White Pine, TN gives High School teams in SE TN the opportunity to compete, participate in live match play, engage with other teams, and judges, and to work towards securing a spot at the 2022-2023 Tennessee Robotics Championship.
Grade Level: High School
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
3720 Roy Messer Highway
White Pine, Tennessee 37890
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
Please keep in mind this schedule is tentative. Teams need to be prepared for inspection as soon as they arrive as inspection will close at 9:25 A.M. promptly. Teams need to be prepared for judges to interview them in the pit area at all times.
**Volunteer check-in 7:30 A.M.
- Judges are required to arrive at 7:00 A.M. for training and to begin interviews with teams in the pit area.
Team check-in 7:00 A.M. - 9:25 A.M.
Skill runs: The skills field is first come first serve. The field will be open at 7:30 A.M. (Once teams pass inspection and will be open until 2:00 P.M. the skills field will be closed during the Drivers Meeting). If a line forms, teams will be asked to move towards the end of the line. If NO team is waiting, teams will be allowed to complete multiple runs.
- Drivers Meeting -- 09:30 A.M.
- Qualifying Matches -- 10:00 A.M. - 12:00 P.M.
- Lunch 12:00 P.M. - 1:00 P.M.
- Judges final interviews may take place during and after lunch
- Qualifying matches resume at 1:00 P.M. and run until all matches are finished ( the plan is for teams to run 7 to 8 matches).
- Skills closes at 2:00 P.M. regardless of teams having completed their skills runs.
- Alliance Selections at 2:15 P.M.
- Eliminations at 2:30 P.M. - Until finished
- Awards at 4:00 P.M.
- Closing Remarks at 4:30 P.M.
- Clean-Up at 4:30 P.M. Until Done!
Running an event takes many volunteers. We are always in need of volunteers to assist the day of the event. Lunches are provided for all volunteers in addition to drinks and snacks the day of the event.
Volunteers for the event will need to be present by 8:00 A.M. until the end of the event which normally ends at 4:30 P.M.
In order to offer judged awards at the event, the event partner asks that each team provides one(1) adult volunteer to aide with this process.
- Volunteers for the judges role must be 18 years of age or older and not in High School
- High School team volunteers will judge ONLY high school teams.
- Field Reset volunteers are needed and can be a range from upper elementary to adult ages.
- Scorekeepers are needed and ages can range from high school to adult ages.
Please contact the Event Partner if you would like to Volunteer for additional roles.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
No refunds will not be given for teams regardless for any reason once the event closes on robotevents.com
Additionally, if teams send funds to RECF, funds will not be processed until after the event closes on robotevents.com
If teams have not prepaid or provide a check on the day of the event teams will not be allowed to participate.
We are unsure of how Covid-19 will impact the tournament season. Our goal is to host all our events as long as the policy will allow. Even if it means the event is closed to spectators and limited to the number of adults permitted in the facility. Teams that are unable to attend due to Covid-19 will need to reach out to the event partner so they can move the team to the waitlist and open spots for other teams to compete. These changes need to be made prior to the event closing. NO refunds will be given for teams regardless of the reason once the event closes.
Additionally, if teams send funds to the RECF, refunds will not be processed until after the event closes on robotevents.com.
If the Event Partner cancels, no refunds will be given, but an event at another time will be offered at no cost.
If the team cancels, no refunds will be given.
As with last season, we are unsure of how COVID-19 will impact the tournament season. Our goal is to host all of our events as long as policy will allow. Even if it means the event is closed to spectators and/or limited to the number of adults per team permitted in the facility. Teams that have not either prepaid or provide a check the day of the event will not be allowed to particpate.
All In-Person Judging
- The Team Interviews and Engineering Notebooks will be judged in-person the day of the event. Teams should bring a physical copy of their notebook to submit to the judges.