2023 Nebraska State VEX Robotics Championship - Middle School - Spin Up
- 10-Mar-2023 - 11-Mar-2023 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Field Control System
- VEXNet Field Control
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Standard Registration Opens
- 3-Oct-2022 16:00 EDT
- Registration Deadline
- 9-Mar-2023 12:01 EST
- It is past the registration deadline.
Please note that All teams must check-in and pass inspection Friday, March 10th, 2022. Select "Agenda" for more information.
All registration fee's must be paid in full no later than five weeks after registering for this event, or three weeks after you register. Failure to comply may result in your team(s) being remove from the event.
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. V5 Inspection checklist found V5 Robot Inspection Checklist. Cortex checklist found Cortex Robot Inspection Checklist.
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and
Excellence Awards )
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things I wish I’d Known Before My First Vex Tournament
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament. The referee training videos can be found here.
10. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide. The guide can be found here.
Participation and Consent Form
A completed form for all participants must be turned in during check-in. Team leaders will need to collect the completed forms for all team members attending the event and turn them in to the registration desk when checking in.
Download the VEX/RECF Consent & Waiver Form. participant-consent-form-spanish
Grade Level: Middle School
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
Date: 10-Mar-2023 - 11-Mar-2023Venue/Location:
4410 North 36th Street
Omaha, Nebraska 68111
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
Friday, March 10, 2022
4:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. - Team Registration & Inspection (Friday night only)
4:15 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. - Skills Challenge (Friday night only)
4:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. - Judging
Saturday, March 10, 2022
7:15 a.m. - Pits Open
8:15 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. - Drivers and Coaches Meeting
8:30 a.m. - 8:45 a.m. - Opening Ceremony
9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. - Judging
9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. - Qualifying Rounds
12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m. - Lunch
12:45 p.m. - 2:45 p.m. - Qualifying Rounds
2:45 p.m. - 3:15 p.m. - Alliance Selection
3:15 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. - Finals
4:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. - Awards and Closing Ceremony
We are always looking for good volunteers. If you are interested in getting involved, you can contact Jeremy Wiemer at [email protected].
Or you can click here to sign up
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
In the case of inclement weather, all team advisors will be contacted via email. While sometimes weather can be unpredictable, usually we will make a decision by 4:00pm the day before the event, if not earlier. I will also update the "EVENT NAME" to read "CANCELED" at the top.
Check to ensure your contact information is current in Robotevents.
Depending on the circumstances, we will make every effort to reschedule, rather than outright cancel the event.
Refund and Payment Policies
- Full refund if request is make 3 weeks prior to event (minus $5.00, per registration, if paid through Robotevents)
- Half refund if request is made 2 weeks prior to event (minus $5.00, per registration, if paid through Robotevents)
- No refund if request is made less than 2 weeks prior to event.
All In-Person Judging - The Team Interviews and Engineering Notebooks will be judged in-person the day of the event. Teams should bring a physical copy of their notebook to submit to the judges.