NCCA VEX VRC Winter Tournament 1 (HS/MS)
- 7-Jan-2023 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Field Control System
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Max Registrations per Organization
- Standard Registration Opens
- 31-Aug-2022 08:50 EDT
- Registration Deadline
- 4-Jan-2023 08:51 EST
- This event currently has no spaces available.
- It is past the registration deadline.
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
Check the VEX Robotics and Robotics Education websites for information regarding: How to run a team, engineering notebooks, and steps to build your robot, and more.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found here.
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
* Goggles/Safety Glasses
* Spare parts & tools
* Batteries and chargers
* Programming cable
* Power strip
* Laptop computer
* Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and Excellence Awards )
* Banners and other decorations for your team pit
* Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VEX Tournament.
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament. The referee training videos can be found here.
10. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide. The guide can be found here.
11. Ensure that you have the latest version of firmware. .
Grade Level: All
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
144 Ram Drive
Covington, Georgia 30014
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
We will be operating on a tight schedule. Please make sure you plan accordingly and arrive on time. *The schedule is subject to change.
7:15 AM - Doors Open, Practice Fields Opens
7:30-8:00 AM– Check-in
7:45AM- 8:45AM - Inspection
8:00AM - 12:15PM Programming and Skills Challenge. This is a first come, first serve basis (line closes at 12:15 PM sharp).
9:00 AM - Driver Meeting
9:30 AM – Welcome and first match setup
9:30-12:30 PM – Qualification Rounds and Skills Challenges
- The Skills Field will close at 12:15 PM.
12:30 PM – 1:00 PM – Lunch
1:00-2:00 PM- Qualification Rounds
2:00 PM – 2:30 PM – Alliance Selection
2:30 PM – 3:45 PM - Alliance Elimination matches
3:45 PM – 4:00 PM - Awards Ceremony
We will have volunteers to staff the event, but if you would like to recieve some training or experience how to run an event, please feel free to reach out.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
In the case of bad weather, a decision will be made based on the local school system.
Refund and Payment Policies
No refunds will be given
Please review the following Judging Format options and keep the ones that apply to your event, and delete the others that do not apply. Feel free to add or edit to suit your event.
- In-Person Judging - The Team Interviews and Engineering Notebooks will be judged in-person the day of the event. Teams should bring a physical copy of their notebook to submit to the judges.
- Electronic Engineering Notebook Submissions: Team interviews will be conducted in-person at the Event. Engineering notebooks can be submitted electronically for evaluation. The submission deadline for electronic notebooks will be 12/20/22. It will need to be a PDF document that can be accessed via a link. Look for more details about submitting electronic notebooks via email as the event nears.