North Union VRC Middle School Qualifier; Richwood, Ohio
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Max Registrations per Organization
- Standard Registration Opens
- 22-Aug-2022 00:48 EDT
- Registration Deadline
- 28-Oct-2022 00:49 EDT
- This event currently has no spaces available.
- It is past the registration deadline.
North Union is proud to present this year's VEX Robotics competition, SPIN UP!
- Lunch will be provided to all participants...pizza, chips & bottled water.
- There will be a hospitality room provided for advisors and volunteers.
- Concessions will be available with drinks, snacks, and a selection of hot items.
MATCHES & JUDGING
- Each team will have six qualifying matches. The tournament will proceed with 2-team alliances.
- Please familiarize yourself and your teams with the SPIN UP official rules. The GAME MANUAL is a good place to start!
- All pit tables have access to power. Please bring surge protector/power strips to make sure you have enough outlets for your team.
- We will have a dedicated WiFi network available for teams to access during this event. This was set up specifically for teams that will need access to online programming software during the event. Please make sure your school laptops are set up correctly in order for you to have access while you are away from your school building.
- Are your teams ready? Have them check this out...101 Things I Wish I’d Known Before My First VEX Tournament
Grade Level: Middle School
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
401 North Franklin Street
Richwood, Ohio 43344
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
8:00 am - Doors Open to Teams, Check-In & Inspections
9:30 am - Event Meeting
9:45 -12:00 pm - Qualification Matches
12:00 - 1:00 pm - Lunch & Skills
1:00 -3:00 pm - Qualification Matches
3:00 pm - Alliance Selection
3:30 - 4:30 pm - Elimination Matches
4:30 pm Awards
Volunteers are an important part of every event and we acknowledge that these events would be impossible without them. We appreciate those volunteers who are willing to give of their time for the benefit of our students!
Please contact Kristi Matlack at email@example.com if you are interested in being a volunteer. Thank you!
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
In the event of bad weather, we will make every attempt to contact all coaches by email, phone or text, as well as make announcements through social media of any changes of the event or the event schedule.
Registration fees minus the $5 REC processing fee per team will be issued if the event is canceled. There will be no refunds for individual team cancelations.
In-Person Judging - The Team Interviews AND Engineering Notebooks will be judged in-person on the day of the event. Teams should bring a physical copy of their notebook to submit to the judges.
Judges will be working in accordance with the Judge Guide, which states that "All teams being judged for an event should be judged in the same format to ensure consistency in the judging experience." PLEASE NOTE...if a team has a digital engineering notebook, these must be printed IN ADVANCE in order for the team to submit a physical copy to the judges. Links to an online version or flash drives will not be accepted.
Please refer to the Judge Guide for all judging and Engineering Notebook information, criteria, procedures, rubrics, etc.