2023 Kentucky VRC Middle School State Championship
- 11-Mar-2023 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Field Control System
- VEXNet Field Control
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Standard Registration Opens
- 25-Jul-2022 07:00 EDT
- Registration Deadline
- 8-Mar-2023 17:07 EST
- This event currently has no spaces available.
- It is past the registration deadline.
The Kentucky Middle School State Championship is open to the top 24 Kentucky qualifying Middle School teams only.
Kentucky has been granted 5 Middle School VRC World Championship spots. The number of qualifying spots is based on the number of registered VRC High School teams in Kentucky.
World Championship spots will be distributed as follows:
|Excellence Award (VRC/VEXU/VAIC)||World Championship|
|Tournament Champions (VRC/VEXU/VAIC)||World Championship|
|Design Award (VRC/VEXU/VAIC)||World Championship|
|Robot Skills Champion (VRC/VEXU)||World Championship|
World Championship qualifying awards and invitations are issued to teams whether or not the teams have expressed an intention to attend the event. Unaccepted World Championship invitations are not offered or transferred to other teams.
The following field setup will be used if the High School State Championship does not get rescheduled to the same date as the Middle School State Championship
- Three Competition fields
- Two Skills fields
- One Practice field
In the event that both High School and Middle School State Championships are forced to be held on the same day due to a snow out of the primary date for the High School State Championship, the Middle School State Championship will be moved to the Auxiliary Gym and utilize the following field setup:
- Three Competition fields
- One Skills field
Teams will be given 3 Driver Skills and 3 Programming Skills runs.
** PLEASE READ ** Rules Concerning Skills ** PLEASE READ **
- Holding places in line for teams (your own or others or by coaches) WILL NOT BE ALLOWED
- No robot in line means your team is not in line.
- Running multiple runs at a time WILL NOT BE ALLOWED
- Upon completion of your run, YOU MUST HELP RESET THE FIELD
- This makes it smoother and faster for everyone
- To help with this, we will do our best to open Skill Fields Friday, March 10th from 8pm-10pm. Teams who take advantage of this opportunity will have to be inspected before any runs are official.
Grade Level: Middle School
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
2280 Tamarack Road
Owensboro, Kentucky 42301
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
PLEASE NOTE, ALL TIMES ARE LISTED IN CENTRAL STANDARD TIME (CST/CDT)
7:30 am Doors Open
8:00 am Inspection Begins and Skills runs can begin after inspection
8:45 am Drivers Meeting
9:15 am Event Qualifying Begins
2:00 pm Qualifying Ends
- Skills Fields will close at the start of the last Qualification Match.
- Any team not in line at that point will have missed their last opportunity.
- If you were in line at the start of the last Qualification Match, you will be allowed to finish your run.
2:15 pm Event Alliance Selection
2:30 pm Finals
3:30 pm Event Ends
If you would like to volunteer, please contact Jonathan Leohr or Steven May.
- All volunteers will be trained
- All field judges must be certified
- Certification training provided
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
Here's hoping this won't happen. In the event of inclement weather, the tournament will either be delayed by up to 2 hours. Details will be sent out as soon as plans have been made in the event of any change.
Refund and Payment Policies
If the Event Partner cancels the event:
- Teams will receive a full refund minus the $5 REC Foundation processing fee
If a Coach/Mentor completes registration for the event then chooses to withdraw or not attend:
- Refunds will not be given to teams canceling less than a week before the competition. Refunds will be sent out around 6 weeks from the event who cancel in due time. If teams registered and paid through RobotEvents.com, we must receive the funds from RobotEvents.com first, this sometimes takes 3-6 months. Refunds from RobotEvents.com will deduct 10%.
- ALL Team Interviews will be completed in-person the day of the event.
- Physical Engineering Notebook Submissions: In preparation for the World Championship, all physical notebooks must be scanned and submitted electronically for evaluation with a submission deadline of Friday, March 3rd.
- Electronic Engineering Notebook Submissions: Digital notebooks must be submitted electronically for evaluation with a submission deadline of Friday, March 3rd.
To be clear:
- ALL notebooks must be submitted DIGITALLY by Friday, March 3rd.
- Notebook judging will begin immediately after March 3rd in preparation for the State Championship