2023 Hawaii VRC Middle School Regional Championship Presented By Hawaiian Electric
- 19-Feb-2023 - 20-Feb-2023 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Field Control System
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Standard Registration Opens
- 5-Sep-2022 21:00 EDT
- Registration Deadline
- 17-Feb-2023 21:00 EST
- This event currently has no spaces available.
- It is past the registration deadline.
Congratulations and welcome to the 2023 Hawaii VRC Middle School State Championships presented by Hawaiian Electric.
Payment must be made in full 2 weeks prior to the event.
Code of Conduct
We expect the following behavior and ethical standards at all REC Foundation-sanctioned events:
• Act with integrity, honesty, and reliability
• Behave in a respectful and professional manner with event staff, volunteers, and fellow competitors
• Exhibit maturity and class when dealing with difficult and stressful situations
• Respect individual differences
• Follow all rules as listed in the current game manual(s)
• Student-centered teams with limited adult assistance
• Safety as a top priority
• Good sportsmanship, which includes supporting your alliance partners
These expectations apply to all team members and all adults associated with a team including, but not limited to, teachers, mentors and parents. This Code may also apply to behavior outside of REC Foundation-sanctioned events where inappropriate actions are related to an event or participating individuals.
Repeated or egregious violations of the expectations in this Code may result in consequences up to the disqualification of the team or organization from the current event and/or future events, and potentially removal from the program after review by the REC Foundation.
Teams that have not checked in and completed inspection 45 minutes prior to the beginning of the qualifying matches will be dropped from the roster so that the match list may be run. Teams that are running late must contact the event partner prior to this cut off if they do not wish to be dropped.
- The VRC championship tournament will be held February 19th and 20th, 2023 at Kamehameha Schools, Kapalama.
- Please supervise all team members; we are guests of Kamehameha Schools. Teams are restricted to the Event area.
- No food or drinks inside the gym. Capped water bottles are ok.
- There should be no running in the pit or tournament areas. Please be careful about creating tripping hazards with packing crates
- Please keep the pit area clean.
- Charging tables will be available; bring your own power strip and extension cord.
- Please do not bring your own game set and/or field unless you were requested/confirmed to do so.
- Please review guidelines for the engineering notebook; judges will be hard pressed to search for the required documentation if you include extensive additional pages such as the history of your program, powerpoint reprints, etc.
Qualifying to this Championship:
There are three ways for teams to qualify to Championship events:
- Qualifying Award: Winning a qualifying award at an official event in the team’s Event Region.
- Robot Skills Ranking: If the Championship event in the team’s region is not filled to capacity through qualifying awards, teams may qualify through the World Skills Standings sorted for the Event Region and by grade level. Teams invited through Robot Skills Challenge Rankings are invited in ranked order after the results of the last qualifying event in the region have been posted. Scores earned after this date will not be used to qualify teams to their Championship.
- Waitlist: If there is remaining capacity due to teams not accepting the invite after the Robot Skills Rankings invites have been issued, the capacity will either be lowered, and the event will be closed, or teams will be invited from the waitlist. This will be decided by the REC Foundation Manager.
Grade Level: Middle School
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
Date: 19-Feb-2023 - 20-Feb-2023Venue/Location:
1887 Makuakane Street
Honolulu, Hawaii 96817
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
Sunday, February 19 (OPTIONAL)
1:00pm - Team Check-in, Robot Inspection, Robot Skills Challenge
5:30pm - Robot Skills Challenge closes
Monday, February 20
- 6:30am - Volunteer check-in
- 7:00am - Team check-in
- Robot Inspection opens
- 7:45am - Team check-in closes
- 8:00am - Opening Ceremony
- Driverʻs Meeting
- NOTE: block of time between end of driverʻs meeting and start of quals can be used to do Skills Challenges
- 9:45am - 11:45am Qualification Matches begin
- Robot Skills Challenge opens
- 11:45am - 12:30pm Lunch Break
- 12:30pm - 2:30pm Qualification Matches continue
- Robot Skills Challenge closes
- 2:45pm - Alliance Selection
- 3:15pm - Elimination Matches
- 4:30pm - Awards and Closing Ceremony
Robot Skills Challenge
Sunday, 2/19 - 1:00pm-5:30pm
- 7:30am-8:00am - Open
- 8:00am-8:45am - Closed for Opening Ceremony
- 8:45am-11:00am - Open
- 11:00am-11:45am - Closed for volunteer lunch
- 11:45am-3:00pm - Open
- 3:00pm - Closed
Volunteers are needed and appreciated! Please contact Adria Fung, [email protected], to volunteer for this event.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
This event will be postponed in the event of bad weather. This event may be postponted in the event of changes in state and local health regulations. Teams will be notified by the event partner the day prior to the event if there is a need to postpone. Please make sure your team contact info is up to date in your RobotEvents.com account, and includes both school and non-school phone numbers.
Refund and Payment Policies
Due to fixed event partner costs, there are no refunds for this event. Payment in full is required 2 weeks prior to tournament or teams may be dropped by the event partner.
Date: 19-Feb-2023 - 20-Feb-2023Kamehameha Schools - Kapālama Campus
1887 Makuakane Street
Honolulu, Hawaii 96817
The event will be held at Kekuhaupio Gym at Kamehameha Schools, Kapalama.
All In-Person Judging - The Team Interviews and Engineering Notebooks will be judged in-person the day of the event. Teams should bring a physical copy of their notebook to submit to the judges.
Online apparel from Fine Designs for the Hawaii VEX State Championships is now available!