VRC Spin Up GB Lancers High School & Middle School Qualifier
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Field Control System
- VEXNet Field Control
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- California - Region 4
- Max Registrations per Organization
- Early-Bird Registration Opens
- 2-Oct-2022 20:00 EDT
- Standard Registration Opens
- 17-Dec-2022 20:00 EST
- Registration Deadline
- 30-Dec-2022 11:00 EST
- This event has reached capacity. Teams on waitlist may still be added.
- It is past the registration deadline.
- GB Lancers GB Lancers High School & Middle School Qualifier is a qualifying event for the 2022-23 VRC game SPIN UP.
- IMPORTANT Information:
- The Grace Brethren Lancers GB Lancers High School & Middle School Qualifier will be held at Grace Brethren Church Main Hall in Simi Valley, CA.
- If 10 Middle School teams register/participate, and if the Qualifying Criteria for State Championship allows MS Excellence Award to qualify.
- We will be running skills as well as two competition fields and a practice field. We expect to have a great diverse group of judges to hand out some hardware and generally look forward to a great time to be had by all.
- We expect to have a fun, exciting and welcoming environment in which all may compete fairly and graciously. It is important to note that our Judges and Referees will be paying particular attention to the way teams "interact with every individual at the competition " and "how they present themselves" at our competition.
- ** Teams are expected to conduct themselves with grace, sportsmanship, civility and respect for staff and other teams. The school's fundamental rules of conduct regarding basic things like foul or abusive language and appropriate respect for tournament authorities will be enforced. Teams who fail to comply may be disqualified from the tournament without refund.
- We welcome input and support from our fellow teams and encourage you all to consider volunteering as a judge or support staff.
It's going to be lots of fun and we look forward to seeing you all at our GB Lancers High School & Middle School Qualifier tournament!
If you have any questions, please feel free to email the Event Partner, Lawrence Stemke, at firstname.lastname@example.org AND/OR Jake Mittel – Robotics Staff Advisor
* Unpaid teams will be removed from the event by December 16, 2022, allowing space for teams on the wait list. No refunds will be made once a team is marked PAID in the system.
Grade Level: All
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
2900 Sycamore Drive
Simi Valley, California 93065
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
7:00am Doors open for volunteers
7:30 am Registration
Practice fields open
8:10 am Drivers meeting
8:30 am Qualification matches begin
12:00 pm Break for lunch
12:45 pm Qualification matches continue
3:00 pm Qualification matches finish
3:10 pm Alliance selections
3:30 pm Elimination matches begin and Skills events Close after Quarter Finals
5:00 pm Awards ceremony
5:30 pm Competition event closes
Volunteers are appreciated. If you have a group that wishes to volunteer, please contact Donna Schemm at : email@example.com . We recognize individuals with Community Volunteer Certificates Service Hours.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
In the case of bad weather conditions or possible cancellations, please visit the event on Robotevents.com where updates about the event status will be posted as needed. Please make sure your team contact information is up to date in the event we need to contact your team.
** We expect to play come rain or shine. Most of the event will be held inside. However in the event of inclement weather we will have a lobby where concessions and lunch will be held. Please wear weather-appropriate attire is recommended
Refund and Payment Policies
Event payments are expected when you register for this event and must be completed (showing PAID in the system) a minimum of 6 weeks (December 15, 2022) prior to the event date (1-28-2023).
Unpaid teams will be removed from the event by December 16, 2022, allowing space for teams on the wait list. No refunds will be made once a team is marked PAID in the system.
All In-Person Judging - The Team Interviews and Engineering Notebooks will be judged in-person the day of the event. Teams should bring a physical copy of their notebook to submit to the judges.