York VRC Qualifying Tournament (HS/MS)
- 12-Nov-2022 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Field Control System
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Standard Registration Opens
- 31-Aug-2022 12:00 EDT
- Registration Deadline
- 6-Nov-2022 20:00 EST
- It is past the registration deadline.
This event does not have Early Bird Registration enabled, but may impact Early Bird registrations for other events. Please see this link for more information.
Welcome to the York Spin Up VRC Qualifier!!
Exciting News - Excellence Awards for both Middle School and High School levels!
Show Up and Spin Up with York Robotics! We plan on offering a fun filled day of competition to all teams who attend.
Breakfast, Lunch, and Snacks will be available for purchase at the event, with all money raised going to help our robotics team.
For the first time, we will be collecting engineering notebooks digitally. Please upload them to Robot Events by EOD Friday 11/4 so that our judges may review them in the week leading up to the event.
Competition Preparation 2022-2023
Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the Spin Up Game Manual.
2. Run through the inspection checklist. The 2022-2023 inspection checklists can be found here: VRC Inspection Checklist for Spin Up
3. Make sure that all students have filled out the Participant Release Digital Form.
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget:
- Safety Glasses
- Batteries and Chargers
- Spare Parts and Tools
- Power Strip - We will do our best to provide 1 per table but you can never have enough.
5. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Practice answering some of these questions as a team:
- Tell me about what your robot does and how?
- Did you turn in an Engineering Notebook? When did you start making entries?
- What part of your robot are you most proud of? Why?
- What were the challenges of this year’s game that you considered before designing your robot? How did you design your robot to meet those challenges?
- Has your approach to the game been effective? Why?
- What does your robot do in autonomous mode? Who programed it?
- What makes your robot effective at playing this year’s game?
- Did you use any sensors? What are they used for? How do they operate in your autonomous mode? How do they operate in your driver-controlled mode?
- Based on your robot’s performance so far, what would you like to improve?
- Were there any other robots that inspired your robot design?
6. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby. York High School will set up a designated area for using power tools.
7. Don't forget that competitions are all about having fun! Cheer on your school and all the other teams participating.
Grade Level: All
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: Remote Engineering Notebooks
Event Dates & Locations
1 Robert Stevens Drive
York, Maine 03909
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
Follow the signs to the school's Auditorium Entrance.
7:30AM Registration and Load-in
8:30AM Registration Ends, Match schedule generated
8:45AM Drivers meeting
9:00AM Opening Ceremonies
9:15AM Qualification matches and Skills Challenges begin
12:30PM Lunch - Skills may run during lunch
1:00PM Qualification matches resume
2:30PM Qualification matches and Skills Challenges end
2:35PM Alliance Selection
2:45PM Elimination rounds begin
4:30PM Awards Ceremony
5:00PM Event ends
- Field Resetter
- Robot Inspector
Lunch will be provided for volunteers.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
In the event that there is inclament weather on the day of the event all registered teams will be notified of a cancelation via e-mail. We will also do our best to reschedule the competition for another day.
Refund and Payment Policies
In the case that the event can not be run on the scheduled date we will try our best to reschedule; however, if we are not able to reschedule the event we will issue a refund to all teams registered.
Full refunds will be issued if a team notifies the event partner by email one month prior to the event (by 10/12/22). This is to ensure there is enough time to contact teams from the waitlist to fill the position. However, if teams do need to cancel at the last moment due to circumstances such as local weather or school closures, please just send us an email and we will try to offer a full or partial refund. (email: [email protected])
Please submit all payments by 11/1. If regestering after this date, please submit payments within 2 weeks of registration date. We really appreciate your timliness with this since most of the money we will raise will go right back towards registering our teams at other competitions this season.
This event will be livestreamed on the Robotics Institute of Maine's YouTube Page
Remote Notebooks - Please upload digital engineering notebook to Robot Events by November 5th.