BCPS CTE VEX VRC Winter Spin Up
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Early-Bird Registration Opens
- 12-Oct-2022 12:00 EDT
- Standard Registration Opens
- 24-Dec-2022 12:00 EST
- Registration Deadline
- 21-Jan-2023 13:05 EST
Welcome to BCPS Office of Career and Technical (CTE) VEX Robotics Competition Tournament
Thank you for your interest in this event.
Teams are encouraged to upload the Participant Release Form for each student. The form can be found in Documents link to the left. The Event Partner will check that all forms are uploaded prior to the event, as this is part of the check-in/inspection process.
Teams are reminded that their robot will be inspected at check-in. The Inspection Form can also be found in the Documents link to the left.
The event will be held at PARKVILLE MIDDLE SCHOOL & CENTER OF TECHNOLOGY 8700 Avondale Road Parkville, MD 21234
- Doors will open at 7:30 AM.
- Registration with inspection will take place from 7:40 AM - 8:30 AM.
- Teams not registered and inspected by 8:30 AM will not be added to event.
- Please plan on arriving by 7:30 AM to allow time to set-up.
- Event will start at approximately 8:45 AM.
- On site snack and food items will be available for purchase.
Grade Level: All
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
8711 Avondale Road
Baltimore, Maryland 21234
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
7:00AM Doors Open
7:00AM - 8:30AM Check-in / Robot Inspections (All teams must be checked in by 8:30AM)
8:45AM Drivers Meeting
9:00AM - 12:00PM Qualification Matches / Judging
9:30AM Skills Open
12:00PM - 12:55PM Lunch Break
1:00PM Skills Close
1:00PM - 2:00PM Qualifiation Matches
2:15PM Alliance Selections
2:45PM Elimination Quarter and Semi-Finals
3:30PM-4:00PM Awards Presentations
Volunteer Coordinator Contact
- Contact Robin Bowden firstname.lastname@example.org to register for this event today, or go directly to our sign up link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70A054EA9AB29A6FB6-vexvrc
- No previous experience is needed for most volunteer positions.
- You can register for an entire day, or just a portion of the day as your schedule permits for most positions.
- Lunch is included for all full-day volunteers.
Open Volunteer Positions
- Head Judge: Previous experience required.
- Head Referee: Previous experience required.
- Scorekeeper Referees: Previous experience preferred, but not required.
- Field Resetters: No previous experience required.
For Additional Info
- Want to find out more about these volunteer roles and expectations? Visit the REC Foundation Knowledge Base at REC Foundation > Volunteers to check out position descriptions and find volunteer training materials.
- Once you have an assigned volunteer role, please carefully review all guides and training materials posted for your role in the Knowledge Base at REC Foundation > Volunteers to prepare for your volunteer shift.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
When weather conditions or forecasted conditions threaten the safety of children, staff, and visitors, Baltimore County Public Schools (BCPS), must make decisions to cancel events and activities to ensure everyone is able to get to stay home or return home without incident.
As COVID-19 metrics continue to evolve across the state and county, BCPS will follow recommendations from local, state, and federal health experts to guide its decisions regarding extracurricular events and activities.
- Masks/face coverings are optional in Baltimore County public school buildings, facilities and offices as of Tuesday, March 1, 2022.
- During periods of moderate or higher community transmission, and particularly in schools with localized or school-wide outbreaks, students, staff and visitors are strongly encouraged to wear masks when indoors.
Please check the Robotevents.com page and local media outlets prior to and including the day of the event for status updates. Information about school based events is announced publicly as soon as possible on local radio and television stations and other media including the Internet.
In the event of cancellation, refunds will be distributed minus the RECF fee.
Refunds for registered teams will only be provided to teams that cancel three weeks prior to event. Refund wil be 75% of the entry fee.
Health and Safety Policies
COVID-19 Related Event Modifications
Our number one priority is the health and safety of our students, staff, and visitors. As a precaution, please follow safety protocols and keep participants home if they have ANY symptoms.
We will continually assess, based on current government guidelines, whether to postpone, cancel, or significantly reduce the number of attendees when necessary.
Date: 4-Feb-2023Parkville Middle School
8711 Avondale Road
Baltimore, Maryland 21234
PARKVILLE MIDDLE SCHOOL & CENTER OF TECHNOLOGY.
8700 Avondale Road
Parkville, MD 21234
The event partner will make every attempt to live stream the event.
Stay tuned for the link to be posted here and shared with the school teachers/coaches.
- All In-Person Judging
- The Team Interviews and Engineering Notebooks will be judged in-person the day of the event.
- Teams should bring a physical copy of their notebook to submit to the judges.
0 teams are on the waitlist for this event.