Tom Dickey Memorial VEX Robotics Tournament - Spin Up HS/MS
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Max Registrations per Organization
- Early-Bird Registration Opens
- 15-Aug-2022 16:00 EDT
- Standard Registration Opens
- 17-Sep-2022 16:00 EDT
- Registration Deadline
- 22-Oct-2022 09:06 EDT
- This event has reached capacity. Teams on waitlist may still be added.
- It is past the registration deadline.
Please turn in notebooks during check in. Judging will take place in the pits and field areas.
All participating teams must be registered with VEX Robotics and the Robot Events website and have their official team number for this event. Tournament fees must be paid before teams will be allowed to compete.
Lunch and Concessions
Full concessions will be available. Lunch specials will be available on site.
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. V5 Inspection checklist found Robot Inspection Checklist.
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and
Excellence Awards )
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things I wish I’d Known Before My First Vex Tournament
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament. The referee training videos can be found (link will be added when available).
10. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide. The guide can be found here.
Participation and Consent Form
A completed form for all participants must be turned in during check-in. Team leaders will need to collect the completed forms for all team members attending the event and turn them in to the registration desk when checking in.
Download the VEX/RECF Consent & Waiver Form. participant-consent-form-spanish.
Grade Level: All
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
4519 South 24th Street
Omaha, Nebraska 68107
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
7:00 a.m. Doors Open
7:30 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. Team Registration
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. Inspections
9:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Team Judging in the Pits
9:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Skills Challenge
9:15 a.m. - 9:25 a.m. Opening Ceremony
9:25 a.m. - 9:40 a.m. Drivers Meeting
9:45 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Qualification Matches
12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m. Lunch Break
12:30 p.m. - 3:45 p.m. Qualification Matches
3:50 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Alliance Selection
4:00 p.m. - 5:15 p.m. Elimination Matches and Design Award Presented
5:15 p.m. - 5:20 p.m. Awards Ceremony
We are always looking for good volunteers. If you are interested in getting involved, please contact Marshall Barney at email@example.com or Jeff Erixon at firstname.lastname@example.org or 531-299-8505
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
In the case of inclement weather, all team advisors will be contacted via email. While sometimes weather can be unpredictable, usually we will make a decision by 4:00pm the day before the event, if not earlier. I will also update the "EVENT NAME" to read "CANCELED" at the top.
Please ensure your contact information in Robotevents is current
Depending on the circumstances, we will make every effort to reschedule, rather than outright cancel the event.
- Full refund if request is make 3 weeks prior to event (minus $5.00, per registration, if paid through Robotevents)
- Half refund if request is made 2 weeks prior to event (minus $5.00, per registration, if paid through Robotevents)
- No refund if request is made less than 2 weeks prior to event.
Health and Safety Policies
Student, coach, spectator, and volunteer safety is of upmost concern.
Currently, there are no safety or health circumstances that will effect our tournament
Please contact Jeff Erixon at 402-660-3134 or email@example.com with questions or concerns.
- All In-Person Judging - The Team Interviews and Engineering Notebooks will be judged in-person the day of the event. Teams should bring a physical copy of their notebook to submit to the judges.