Gord Trousdell Ten Ton Robotics VRC Tournament, Blended HS & MS, In-Person, Live, Standard Judging
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- British Columbia (BC)
- Max Registrations per Organization
- Standard Registration Opens
- 29-Oct-2022 23:22 EDT
- Registration Deadline
- 26-Nov-2022 23:22 EST
Welcome to our first two division event of the year. If we get to 100 teams there will be 50 teams in two divisions. Most likely you will not know your division until the day of the event. But you wont be very far away from each other. West Van Secondary has two full sized gyms accross the hall from each other.
Ten Ton Robotics will host this event in conjunction with PYRS ( Pacific Youth Robotic Society). We will need addtional help to run an event this large so please consider volunteering at the event. We look forward to having you at a safe, competitive event.
This tournament is for VRC HS and MS teams.
There will be expectations and safety requirements to comply with any safe practices for the school, the district and the province, such as:
(a) wearing of masks indoors at all times
(b) physical distancing
(c) hand sanitizing (sanitizing stations will be available, but if you can bring your own sanitizer, that's fine too)
(d) teams are limited to 4 people including the adult coach (we have a limited number of extra spots based on room capacity for teams that request for an extra person early).
(e) we may require basic contact information (will collect at the event, we will keep you posted)
Please contact Todd Ablett (TAblett@wvschools.ca) and Timothy Leung (email@example.com) if you have any questions or suggestions.
Spectators are not allowed into this event.
Please see the AGENDA tab for the schedule. Please check the Agenda tab up to, and especially the day before the event.
Grade Level: All
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
1750 Mathers Avenue
West Vancouver, British Columbia V7V 2G7
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
Tentative schedule Subject to change...PLEASE CHECK THE DAY PRIOR TO THE EVENT.
Saturday, December 3rd, 2022
8:00 am - Volunteers ONLY can enter
8:30 am - Doors Open
8:30 am - 9:15 am - Check-in and Inspection
9:15 - 9:30 am - Drivers Meeting
9:30 - 12:00 - Skills Runs and Judging
12:00 - 12:30 - Lunch (No lunch service. Please bring your own lunch. No eating in pit area.)
12:30 - 3:30 - Qualification Matches
3:45 - 4:00 - Alliance Selection
4:15 - 5:25 - Finals Matches
5:30 - 6:00 - Awards
6:00 - 7:30 - Pack up, Clean up, and Go Home
We will need volunteers to help run this event.
Please contact Todd Ablett (TAblett@wvschools.ca) and Timothy Leung (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
If the event cannot run because of weather or other event, teams will be contacted by email and if very last minute by phone.
Please make sure you have provided us with those current emails and numbers.
Refunds will be made on a case by case basis.
Health and Safety Policies
As we get closer to the event this page will be updated to the best practices we have in place at this time.
- Please wear a mask (completely covering your mouth & nose) at the event at ALL times. If the top of the mask is covering the mouth, but under the nose, or worse still, under the chin, it is not as *ahem* effective. If masks are not worn properly by one or more members of a team, that team runs of risk of being DQ’d.
- The event will take place in the Upper and Lower Gyms of West Vancouver Secondary School. From Mathers Ave, please drive down to the Staff Parking Lot. The entrance to the Parking Lot is at the West end of the main school building on Mathers Ave. After you park, please walk back up to Mathers Ave and enter the main building. Go down one flight of stairs, turn left, walk a short distance and you will find the gyms.
- We will have hand sanitizers available. However, if possible, do bring your own personal bottle of hand sanitizer too.
- Keep your distance from others. As tempting & exciting as it may be, please do not crowd around the fields where the matches are being played. This area is reserved for the teams participating in that match, referees, field setters, and volunteers.
- Judging – Each team will have 7 minutes (on a timer) to present to judges and must sign up for a judging time slot. See the Judging Tab for details.
- Absolutely no spectators ! ! With 104 teams, and about 100 volunteers (PYRS volunteers, Field Setters, Queuers, Judges, Scorekeeper Referees, Robot Inspectors, Field Control Operators, etc) we will be pretty close to capacity at the event. Please remind your students that spectators (family, friends, neighbors, pets, aliens, etc) are not allowed at the venue.
Only student participants, volunteers, and official team coaches will be allowed inside.
No parent coaches who are just there to watch their kids and bypass the no-spectator rule.
7. Our school also requires all visitors (anybody who is not from West Vancouver Schools), to complete the West Vancouver Schools Premier Robotics Program Visitors Sign In and Daily Health Check Questionnaire prior to entry into the building. If you do this prior to arrival, it will make the entry into the building easier and quicker.
All approved events and event attendees are required to follow all local, national or any other government advice and guidance regarding COVID-19 safety procedures, social distancing, and best hygiene practices. Event Partners should continually assess, based on current government guidelines, whether to postpone, cancel, or significantly reduce the number of attendees when necessary.
Date: 10-Dec-20221750 Mathers Ave
1750 Mathers Avenue
West Vancouver, British Columbia V7V 2G7
We are at 1750 Mathers avenue in West Vancouver.
The event will be held at West Vancouver Secondary School the Low Gym (older gym) and the New Gym (same level as the hall). When you enter the main entrance (heading south), head down one floor and then turn left (east, past the cafeteria) and the lower gym (Older and has stands) is on the right (south side) the New Gym is to the left (North side and does't have the fold out stands set up)
We are not able to offer it at this time.
In-Person Judging - The Team Interviews and Engineering Notebooks will be judged in-person the day of the event. Teams should bring a physical copy of their notebook to submit to the judges.
Each team will have 7 minutes (on a timer) to present to Judges.
When you arrive, please immediately sign up for a judging time slot between 9:30 am - 12:00 pm. The slots will be filled on a first come first served basis.
To ensure you get a time slot for judging, please sign up before 9:15 am.
IMPORTANT: Please arrive a few minutes early for your time slot for judging. If you miss your allocated time, we may not be able to reschedule it.
0 teams are on the waitlist for this event.