Trailblazer Bot Battle (VRC MS Only)
- 18-Nov-2022 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Field Control System
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Max Registrations per Organization
- Standard Registration Opens
- 6-Sep-2022 20:00 EDT
- Registration Deadline
- 14-Nov-2022 14:00 EST
- This event currently has no spaces available.
- It is past the registration deadline.
This event is a Middle School Only Tournament, complete with trophies from the Robotics Education and Competition Foundation. Spectators will be allowed at this tournament, there is no entrance fee however all spectators must check in at the school’s front office.
The format of this tournament will be run as a traditional tournament. The Team Interviews and Engineering Notebooks will be judged in-person the day of the event. Teams should bring a physical copy of their notebook to submit to the judges. If there are safety concerns due to COVID and the event is unable to proceed, the event will be rescheduled or cancelled. Please send payment by November 1st or your team(s) will be moved to the waitlist.
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared...
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments.
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Remember: Goggles/Safety glasses, spare parts and tools, batteries and chargers, programming cable, power strip, laptop computer, engineering notebook.
4. Safety comes first. Please see the Health and Safety Tab. Tools brought with you should not pose a safety risk with sparks, etc.
5. Understand how the game will be played—know the game manual!
6. Participation and consent form - a completed form for all participants must be posted online. PLEASE turn this in electronically thru the REC website.
Grade Level: Middle School
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
2201 East 25th Street North
Wichita, Kansas 67219
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
8:00 AM - Inspections begin
8:30 AM - Inspections conclude
8:45 AM - Drivers meeting and announcements
9:00 AM - Qualification rounds, Skills Challenge, and Judging begins
11:30AM - 12:30PM - Lunch break and Skills Challenge
12:30 PM - Qualification rounds, Skills Challenge, and Judging (if needed)
1:30PM - Alliance selection
2:00 PM - Elimination rounds
3:15 PM - Awards Ceremony
3:30 PM - Tournament concludes
We are very open to having volunteers! Please contact Cory McCracken at [email protected]
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
In the event of inclement weather, we will reschedule the event.
Refund and Payment Policies
If the event must be cancelled, we will refund all entrance fees minus the $5 processing fee charges by REC.
We are happy to annouce we will be livestreaming the event on YouTube!
- All In-Person Judging - The Team Interviews and Engineering Notebooks will be judged in-person the day of the event. Teams should bring a physical copy of their notebook to submit to the judges.