North East “Spin Up” Regional Tournament
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- United Kingdom
- Max Registrations per Organization
- Early-Bird Registration Opens
- 1-Sep-2022 11:07 EDT
- Standard Registration Opens
- 2-Dec-2022 11:07 EST
- Registration Deadline
- 11-Jan-2023 11:08 EST
- Registration opens at a future date.
North East Qualifier for VEX Robotics Competition
- They will be a practice field available.
- Power will be available through 2 charge stations, please ensure your laptop power will last the day and additional charging points are unavailable.
- Please make sure that any cables, chargers and batteries are clearly labled with your school and team number.
- The venue is Nissan Sports and Social Club, it's a brilliant venue with a massive manufacturing and engineering plant right next door.
- Please feel free to tweet them with images of the day and thank them for hosting us: @NissanUK @ReeceSTEM
- Password will be available to access free wifi.
- Please bring packed lunch for children and adults.
Grade Level: All
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: In-Person judging
Event Dates & Locations
Washington, SR5 3NS
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
Agenda for North East VRC: Friday 13th January 2023
9:00 Pits open & registration
9:30 Inspection opens and check in.
9:45 Drivers Meeting
10.00 Practice Matches
10:30 Start of Qualifying Matches
11:00 Robot Skills Field Open
14.00 Robot Skills Field Close
14.00 Alliance Selection
14:15 Finals Matches
15:30 Pits Close
Please get in contact if you wish to invite visitors, we may have limited visitor spaces.
There will be delegates from the Reece Foundation, Engineers from Hitachi, British Volt and Nissan, STEM Ambassadors and other representatives of North East Industry to Judge.
Shoud you want to bring a volunteer, to help with the day, please contact me directly.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
We are not expecting inclement weather issues. Should issues with venue or routes into it occur then I will email out the night before.
Should you have transport issues, please contact my mobile.
As this is a free event, refunds will no be needed.
Health and Safety Policies
Covid-19 Risk Assessment will be issued, if needed.
Nissan Sports and Social Club and Event Risk Assessments will be able to download from DOWNLOAD and LINKS
Date: 13-Jan-2023Nissan Sports & Leisure Complex
Washington, SR5 3NS
Easy access from A1(M) both North and South Bound, ideally follow signed for A1231 Washington, nissan offices.
About 4 minutes from A19, Juction with A1290
- In-Person Judging - The Team Interviews and Engineering Notebooks will be judged in-person the day of the event. Teams should bring a physical copy of their notebook to submit to the judges.