Bryan College Scholarship Tournament (High School)
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Field Control System
- VEXNet Field Control
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Max Registrations per Organization
- Early-Bird Registration Opens
- 31-May-2022 18:00 EDT
- Standard Registration Opens
- 8-Oct-2022 18:00 EDT
- Registration Deadline
- 11-Nov-2022 12:00 EST
- It is past the registration deadline.
Bryan College is a small college located in East Tennessee; just 30 minutes north of Chattanooga. Our mission is to educate students to become servants of Christ to make a difference in today’s world. The College seeks to assist in the personal growth and development of qualified students by providing an education based upon an integrated understanding of the Bible and the liberal arts. Please join us for our 1st annual scholarship award robotics VRC event! A total of $24,000 in scholarship money will be given out.
Lunch will be a box sandwich box from firehouse subs with a variety of sandwiches, a cookie, a drink, and chips for $9. All proceeds will go towards Bryan Colleges Vex Robotics Club. If you have any questions please contact Chandler Hinson at Chinson49886@bryan.edu.
Grade Level: High School
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: No Judging
Event Dates & Locations
721 Bryan Drive
Dayton, Tennessee 37321
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
7:00 am- Check-in, practice field opens
8:30 am- Welcome/ announcements
8:45 am- Check-in time expired
9:00 am- Team meeting directly follows coaches meeting and 15 min call
9:15 am- The first match begins
12pm- Lunch in cafeteria/ Engineering professor meet and greet
1:00pm- Tournament resumes
5:30 pm- Final bracket
6:00pm- Award/Scholarship ceremony
7:15 pm- Event over drive home safe!
Volunteers are welcome and appreciated; full-day volunteers will receive a free lunch voucher. Please Contact Chandler Hinson @ Chinson49886@bryan.edu to volunteer or to ask questions!
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
If severe weather causes a tournament to be canceled all teams will be notified by email from the EP and will receive a $25 refund per registered team on the event. If severe weather begins while the tournament is ongoing the EP will stop the tournament and direct everyone to the proper safety facilities.
Refund and Payment Policies
If the Event Partner cancels the event:
- Full refunds will be given to all teams minus the $5 RECF processing fee.
If a Coach/Mentor completes registration for the event and then chooses to withdraw or not attend:
- No refund will be given.
Health and Safety Policies
While masks are not required, we ask that if any member of your team is showing signs or symptoms of Covid-19 please do not put others at the tournament at risk.
We will be streaming the event via youtube; the link will be shared via email to each registered team.
Please review the following Judging Format options and keep the ones that apply to your event, and delete the others that do not apply. Please see the Remote Judging section of the Guide to Judging for more information.
- No Judging
- All In-Person Judging - The Team Interviews and Engineering Notebooks will be judged in-person the day of the event. Teams should bring a physical copy of their notebook to submit to the judges.
- All Remote Judging - The Initial Team Interviews will be conducted remotely, and Engineering Notebooks will be submitted to judges digitally via a link found within the "My Account" panel of the team contact on RobotEvents. Initial Interviews and Notebook submission deadlines may be scheduled ahead of the event date.
- Remote Initial Team Interviews / In-Person Engineering Notebooks: Initial Team Interviews will be conducted remotely, possibly before the date of the event. Engineering Notebooks will still be submitted in person the day of the event to be evaluated by judges.
- Digital Engineering Notebook Submissions / In Person Team Interviews: Team interviews will be conducted in-person at the event. Engineering notebooks will be submitted digitally for evaluation via a link found within the "My Account" panel of the team contact on RobotEvents. A submission deadline that may be scheduled ahead of the event date.
Scholarship Award Winners
Each member of these teams has now received a $2000 scholarship to Bryan College for their outstanding skills, which were shown during the event.
Winning Teams- 9364C, 96504C
Each member of these teams has now received a $1000 scholarship to Bryan College for their outstanding skills, which were shown during the event.
Winning Teams- 9364B,9364E