CanSTEAM January VRC Live Remote Tournament Number 1 - Remote Judging
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Live Remote Tournament
- Event Format
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Max Registrations per Organization
- It is past the registration deadline.
Join us for the VEX Robotics Competition Live Remote Tournament brought to you by the CanSTEAM Foundation! This event will be open to 24 teams from all over the world to participate.
**Please read the entire event posting prior to registering for this Live Remote Tournament.**
Participating in a Live Remote Tournament requires teams to have their own VRC field and Tipping Point Game Element. If an organization (school) has multiple registered VRC teams for this event, you will need at 2 fields and 2 (4 preferred) computers with webcam (720p or above) to participate the event from the same location.
- VRC Teams should practice using the Live Remote Tournament practice system prior to the event to ensure they have the necessary equipment and resources. Please see these Live Remote Tournament Practice Instructions for more details.
- VRC Teams need to carefully read the VRC Game Manual on Live Remote Tournaments to ensure the field is correctly set up and teams understand the rule/scoring differences compared to an in-person tournament.
- Teams will need to compete their technical set up and test all of their equipment prior to the event.
In addition to a full field and game elements, each registered team will need:
- a dedicated computer with a Google Chrome Broswer
- an external USB camera (720p or higher resolution)
- reliable/high speed internet
- their VRC robot with updated firmware (latest firmware at the competition date)
- Micro USB to USB cable to connect robot controller to computer
- Teams may wish to use a long (10-12 foot) cord for more flexibility in computer and camera placement.
- An additional monitor or TV screen/projector for viewing alliance partner and opponent fields as well as Event Chat from the driver station.
***Please carefully review these requirements prior to registering.***
Mandatory Release Form
All participants must have a Participant Release Form on file in their RobotEvents.com account. It is the responsibility of the Coach/Mentor to make sure this occurs prior to the event.
Per the Game Manual, the Head Referee will be a certified VRC Tipping Point referee for this event.
Since robotevents.com doesn't accept payment for event partners outside of U.S., CanSTEAM will send an invoice for non-Canadian teams to pay online. Canadian teams are encouraged to to pay through emt to firstname.lastname@example.org, all of your funds will be used to develop VEX programs in Canada as CanSTEAM is a charity focusing on developing STEAM programs in Canada.
Grade Level: All
Skills Challenge Offered: No
Judging Format: Remote judging
Event Dates & Locations
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
All of the following times are in Eastern Time Zone:
9:00 AM Inspection
10:00 AM Qualification Matches Begin
12:00 PM - 1:00PM Lunch break
1:00PM - 4:00PM Qualification Matches
4:00PM - 6:00PM Finals
6:00PM - Awards Annoucement
Unfortunately, due to Covid-19 regulations, the CanSTEAM Live Remote Tournament will be operating with a small number of experienced volunteers, who have already been determined. We thank you for your interest in helping!
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
This event will take place rain or shine as it will be remote!
Refunds will not be available once paid.
Event link will be generated once match starts and will be sent to all participants in remote.robotevents.com
Remote Judging - The Team Interviews will be conducted remotely, and Engineering Notebooks will be submitted to judges electronically. Interviews and Notebook submission deadlines may be scheduled ahead of the event date.
- Remote Team Interviews: Team Interviews will be conducted remotely, possibly before the date of the event. Engineering Notebooks will still be submitted in person the day of the event to be evaluated by judges.
- Electronic Engineering Notebook Submissions: Team interviews will be conducted in-person at the Event. Engineering notebooks will be submitted electronically for evaluation, with a submission deadline that may be scheduled ahead of the event date.