2022 Nebraska Middle School State Robotics Championship
- 4-Mar-2022 - 5-Mar-2022 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Field Control System
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Standard Registration Opens
- 3-Jan-2022 07:09 EST
- Registration Deadline
- 28-Feb-2022 17:00 EST
- This event currently has no spaces available.
- It is past the registration deadline.
Welcome to the 2022 Nebraska State MS Robotics Championships tournament.
Unless there is a District Health Mandate we will not be requiring masks or separation. We do recommend and support taking health precautions if you desire.
Select "Agenda" for more information.
All registration fees must be paid in full no later than five weeks after registering for this event. Failure to comply may result in your team(s) being removed from the event.
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. V5 Inspection checklist found V5 Robot Inspection Checklist. Cortex checklist found Cortex Robot Inspection Checklist.
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and
Excellence Awards )
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things I wish I’d Known Before My First Vex Tournament.
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament. The referee training videos can be found here.
10. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide. The guide can be found here.
Participation and Consent Form
It is highly recommended that all teams fill out the online consent forms prior to the tournament, however, paper forms will be available.
If using paper forms, a completed form for all participants must be turned in during check-in. Team leaders will need to collect the completed forms for all team members attending the event and turn them into the registration desk when checking in.
Download the VEX/RECF Consent & Waiver Form. participant-consent-form-Spanish
Grade Level: Middle School
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
Date: 4-Mar-2022 - 5-Mar-2022Venue/Location:
1270 123rd Rd
Stromsburg, Nebraska 68666
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
Friday March 4th
4:00 p.m. Team Check-In and Inspection
5:00 - 8:00 p.m. Skills Open (3 of each skill)
8:30 p.m. Venue closes
Saturday March 5th
7:00 Pits Open
8:30 a.m. Drivers and Coaches Meeting
8:45 a.m. Opening Ceremony
9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Qualifying Rounds
12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m. Lunch
12:45 p.m. - 2:45 p.m. Qualifying Rounds
2:50 p.m. Alliance Selection
3:00 p.m. Skills Finals (Top 3 in HS/MS will all get 1 additonal run)
3:10 p.m. Elimination Rounds
4:15 p.m. Awards and Closing Ceremony
Volunteers need to contact Jennifer Lange [email protected]
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
We will notify you about any changes within 3 days of the start of the tournament.
If the event is canceled then "Cancelled" will appear in the title of the event
Refund and Payment Policies
No refunds will be given after 2/25/22.
Date: 4-Mar-2022 - 5-Mar-2022Cross County Community School
1270 123rd Rd
Stromsburg, Nebraska 68666