KDS Robotics VEX Spin Up Qualifier- Blended MS/HS
- 21-Jan-2023 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Field Control System
- VEXNet Field Control
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Max Registrations per Organization
- Standard Registration Opens
- 16-Dec-2022 09:00 EST
- Registration Deadline
- 20-Jan-2023 12:00 EST
- This event has reached capacity. Teams on waitlist may still be added.
- It is past the registration deadline.
Welcome to the 9th Annual Kent Denver Robotics VRC Tournament!
- We will be using Smart Field Control to connect to fields, please ensure your team has set up their robot to connect to the field following the instructions available here
- This event is All In-person judging, please make sure teams bring a physical copy of their notebook for judging on Saturday
Dates : Saturday 1/21/23 8am-5pm (Inspections, Skills, Matches, and Judging)
Location : Kent Denver School Bullard Gym (https://goo.gl/maps/7fnybzW4Dk26zCDR6), see "Campus Map" tab for more information.
Pits will be equipped with at least one outlet per team, please bring power strips if needed.
Lunch order forms will be sent to coaches of teams if interested; however, teams are allowed (and encouraged) to bring their own food.
An event venue map will be emailed out to all coaches/volunteers before the event.
If the registration cost presents an issue to any team, please reach out to [email protected].
Have questions or concerns? Please send us a message using the contact information to the side!
Grade Level: All
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
4000 East Quincy Avenue
Cherry Hills Village, Colorado 80113
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
- 8AM - Doors Open, Pits Open,
- 8AM to 8:45AM - Inspections and Check-in
- 8:45AM to 9AM - Welcome and Driver Meetings
- 9AM to 12:30PM - Qualifications and Skills
- 12:30PM to 1PM - Lunch
- 1PM to 1:30PM - Alliance Selection
- 1:45PM to 4PM - Finals
- 4:30PM - Awards
We cannot run our event without volunteers! If you or someone you know are interested in helping us run a successful tournament, then please use the link below to sign up for one of our volunteer positions. We ask that each team provides at least one volunteer, in order to help us fill slots.
Volunteers will be provided breakfast and lunch (as well as the immense appreciation of all students)!
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
In the event of an emergency or bad weather, a cancellation email will be sent to the emails of those who registered (and to all volunteers) as soon as that decision is made. For more information, please reach out to the event manager on the general info tab. Full refunds (minus the $5 non-refundable REC fee) will be provided if we are unable to reschedule.
Refund and Payment Policies
Refunds will be provided up until two weeks before the event, if requested by a team. Any registration made within 2 weeks of the event is final and not eligible for a refund.
If a refund is issued for any reason, only $55 of the full event fee ($60) will be returned due to the non-refundable RECF fee.
This event will use All In-Person Judging. Please see the following definition, from RECF:
- All In-Person Judging - The Team Interviews and Engineering Notebooks will be judged in-person the day of the event. Teams should bring a physical copy of their notebook to submit to the judges.
This event will be taking place at Kent Denver School's Bullard Gym
Address: 4000 E Quincy Ave, Englewood, CO 80113
Instructions once on campus (or follow below Map):
- Proceed down main campus road
- Once at roundabout, take 2nd exit
- Cars/Vehicles park in Visitor Lot on right side of road, buses park in Senior Lot to left side of road
- Proceed to the left side of the main building (East side), and follow signage to Bullard Gym.
Campus Map (Tournament is at Location H, Vehicles park in Visitor Lot, Buses Park in Senior Lot)
View below or click here to open in new window