2023 Idaho VRC Middle School Regional Championship
- 28-Feb-2023 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Field Control System
- VEXNet Field Control
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Standard Registration Opens
- 14-Nov-2022 12:14 EST
- Registration Deadline
- 13-Feb-2023 12:15 EST
- It is past the registration deadline.
Welcome to the 2023 Idaho VRC Middle School Regional Championship!
The Idaho VRC Middle School State Championship will be held at Boise State University in the JR Simplot ballroom located in the Student Union Building. Idaho VRC teams must qualify to this event through qualifying awards at local events or through Robot Skills if there are open spots available after the last qualifying event.
The spots will be filled by the Event Engagement Manager after an event has been uploaded and the results have been verified. If you have questions about the State Championship qualification process, please contact your Event Engagement Manager.
Qualifying to this Event:
There are three ways for teams to qualify to Championship events:
- Qualifying Award: Winning a qualifying award at an official event in the team’s Event Region.
- Robot Skills Ranking: If the Championship event in the team’s region is not filled to capacity through qualifying awards, teams may qualify through the World Skills Standings sorted for the Event Region and by grade level. Teams invited through Robot Skills Challenge Rankings are invited in ranked order after the results of the last qualifying event in the region have been posted. Scores earned after this date will not be used to qualify teams to their Championship.
- Waitlist: If there is remaining capacity due to teams not accepting the invite after the Robot Skills Rankings invites have been issued, the capacity will either be lowered, and the event will be closed, or teams will be invited from the waitlist. This will be decided by the REC Foundation Manager.
Grade Level: Middle School
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
1700 West University Drive
Boise, Idaho 83706
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
8:00 Doors open, registration open, pits open
8:30 Inspection starts
8:45 Open Practice
9:45 Opening ceremonies and Event Meeting
10:00 Qualifications, skills challenges and judging
1:00 Qualifications, skills challenges, and judging
2:30 Qualifications end, skills challenges end
2:45 Alliance selection
If you are interested in volunteering please contact Jesus Gomez at 208-283-9684
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
If the roads conditions are such that it takes extra time to get here Friday morning we can postpone the start time. Please contact me by texting at 208-283-9684 warning me at least 1 hr. prior to start time. If the roads are closed we will cancel the event. Refunds will only be made if the event is cancelled.
Refund and Payment Policies
Refunds will only be made if the whole tournament is cancelled less the $5.00 the RECF charges each registration.
Team interviews will be conducted in-person at the event.
Digital engineering notebooks will be submitted for evaluation via a link found within the "My Account" panel of the team contact on RobotEvents.
The submission deadline is Feb 20, 2023.