Louisiana HS VRC Spin up State Championship
- 25-Feb-2023 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Field Control System
- VEXNet Field Control
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Max Registrations per Organization
- Standard Registration Opens
- 8-Oct-2022 13:21 EDT
- Registration Deadline
- 23-Feb-2023 13:21 EST
- It is past the registration deadline.
**Note - For this event, organizations are welcome to sign up as many teams as they would like ,but any teams after 4 will be put on the Waitlist and moved to Registered/Competing Teams based on available spots once registration closes.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found here.
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
- Goggles/Safety Glasses
- Spare parts & tools
- Batteries and chargers
- Programming cable
- Power strip
- Laptop computer
- Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and
- Excellence Awards )
- Banners and other decorations for your team pit
- Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VEX Tournament.
6. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
7. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament.
8. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide.
Grade Level: High School
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
7001 Gulf Highway
Lake Charles, Louisiana 70607
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
7:30AM Pit Opens
8:00AM Drivers and Coaches Meeting
8:30 Inspection Closes
8:30 AM Opening Ceremony
9:30 AM Qualifying Rounds Began
12:00 PM-1:00 PM Lunch
1:00 PM Qualifying Rounds begain
4:30 Alliance Selection/Finals/Awards
7:00PM Venue Closes
Volunteers are needed and appreciated. Individuals or teams wishing to volunteer, please contact the Michael Hardy at email@example.com
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
In the event of an emergency or bad weather, the event may be cancelled.
In any event, teams will be contacted as soon as possible with the information. The event partner will contact teams if the event must be postponed. Teams should make sure their contact information is up to date and includes both school and non-school phone numbers.
Please check your email the day before and the morning of the tournament (before leaving).
Refund and Payment Policies
There will be no refunds unless the entire tournament is cancelled.
Please review the following Judging Format options and keep the ones that apply to your event, and delete the others that do not apply. Please see the Remote Judging section of the Guide to Judging for more information.
- All In-Person Judging - The Team Interviews and Engineering Notebooks will be judged in-person the day of the event. Teams should bring a physical copy of their notebook to submit to the judges.
- In-Person Engineering Notebooks: Engineering Notebooks will still be submitted in person the day of the event to be evaluated by judges.
- In Person Team Interviews: Team interviews will be conducted in-person at the event.