Central MN SPIN UP MS Tournament
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Max Registrations per Organization
- Early-Bird Registration Opens
- 7-Nov-2022 16:00 EST
- Standard Registration Opens
- 10-Dec-2022 16:00 EST
- Registration Deadline
- 9-Jan-2023 19:23 EST
- This event currently has no spaces available.
- It is past the registration deadline.
This is a MS VEX VRC Tournament and is a Minnesota State VRC qualifier. This tournament will be held at ROCORI Middle/High School in Cold Spring, MN.
Concessions- full concessions will be offered at this event, so please consider supporting our program and limit the food being brought in. There are multiple water bottle refilling stations located around the competition area.
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for the competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found on the Documents tab.
2. Check the official VEX forums at www.robotevents.com for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
- Goggles/Safety Glasses
- Spare parts & tools
- Batteries and chargers
- Programming cable
- Power strip and extension cord (each table/2 chairs in the pit area will have access to an outlet)
- Laptop computer
- Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and Excellence Awards )
5. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
6. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
7. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Southland Robotics will allow use of their metal cutting station with supervision-no cutting/grinding in the pit area please.
8. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament. The referee training videos can be found at www.roboticseducation.org web site, under the Volunteer Resources tab.
9. Ensure your robot brain has the latest version of firmware.
Grade Level: Middle School
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
534 5th Avenue North
Cold Spring, Minnesota 56320
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
Tournament Schedule - Subject to change
7:00 am - Doors Open, check in begins. (sign up for interviews)
7:15 am - 8:45 am - Inspections (All teams need to be checked in by 9:30 AM or call the Event Partner)
7:15 am-9:15 am SKILLS Field. (also open at lunch break noon-12:30 pm)
8:15 am-Noon Interviews and Engineer Notebooks Judged
9:15 am - Drivers Meeting and Opening Ceremony (Robots in matches Q1 and Q2 placed on the field before the start of opening)
9:30 am Qualification Rounds begin
9:30 am to 3:00 pm - Qualification Rounds (LUNCH Break 12:00 pm - 12:30 pm)
LUNCH BREAK 12:00 pm-12:30 pm (SKILLS Field open from noon-12:30 pm)
3:00 pm to 3:15 pm - Alliance Selection
3:30 pm - Elimination Rounds Start
4:30 pm - Award announcements - Closing
Thank you for being willing to volunteer at our event. A link will be provided later. Food will be provided to all volunteers.
We will expect all referres and judges to have been VEX certified.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
If the event is cancelled, then cancelled will appear in the title of the event
No refunds will be given for a team withdrawing. No refund will be given if the event cancels.
if refund is given for extenuating circumstances, there is a $5 Robot Events registration fee that cannot be refunded.
Plan A if we find enough judges for the day of the event
- All In-Person Judging - The Team Interviews and Engineering Notebooks will be judged in-person the day of the event. Teams should bring a physical copy of their notebook to submit to the judges.
Plan B if we are short judges to do team interview the day of the event
- Remote Initial Team Interviews / In-Person Engineering Notebooks: Initial Team Interviews will be conducted remotely, possibly before the date of the event. Engineering Notebooks will still be submitted in person the day of the event to be evaluated by judges.