Mundelein HS VRC MS/HS 2022-2023 (2nd)
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Max Registrations per Organization
- Early-Bird Registration Opens
- 21-Oct-2022 12:59 EDT
- Standard Registration Opens
- 3-Dec-2022 12:59 EST
- Registration Deadline
- 7-Jan-2023 13:00 EST
- This event has reached capacity. Teams on waitlist may still be added.
- It is past the registration deadline.
The Competition will be held in the Main Gym. Please enter the main door by the flagpoles and the Security Desk will guide you to the Registration Table where you will be guided to the event locations. Click here for a map of Mundelein High School.
All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist or the V5 inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments.
2. Read the document "101 Things I wish I’d Known Before My First VEX Tournament" if this is your first VEX Tournament.
3. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure.
Here are a few items that you don't want to forget:
- Goggles/Safety Glasses (everyone who is on the field MUST wear goggles/safety glasses)
- Spare parts & tools
- Batteries and chargers
- Programming cable
- Power strip
- Laptop computer
- Engineering notebook (if you have one, REQUIRED for Judges, Design and Excellence Awards)
- Banners and other decorations for your team pit
- Giveaways if you have them
4. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team or others nearby. Cutting and grinding will be done in a specific area away from your pits.
5. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants should thoroughly read the game rules. Additional rulings and interpretations of the game rules can be found on the VEX Forums.
6. Read through the VEX Robot Troubleshooting Flowchart.
7. To ensure that you have the latest version of firmware, make sure that you have the latest update of your programming software. If you have the white VEXNET keys, the keys themselves have updatable firmware and you can download the VEXnet Key Firmware Updater. The firmware update utility is available at the vexrobotics.com website.
8. Participation and Consent Form - A completed form for all participants must be turned in during check-in. Team leaders will need to collect the completed forms for all team members attending the event and turn them in to the registration desk when checking in. Alternatively, coaches can submit electronic copies of their teams' forms on RobotEvents.
Elimination Brackets for Illinois VRC Events:
Up to 32 teams at an event will compete in the Elimination Rounds; all teams at an event are elibible for Alliance Selection, not just the top 32-ranked teams. If there are an odd number of teams, unfortunately the last team will not be able to compete in the Elimination Rounds. Refer to the Documents tab for a PDF of the 16-alliance elimination bracket. If an event has fewer than 16 alliances, the highest-seed alliances receive a bye. The Tournament Manager software automatically calculates the elimination brackets for the number of alliances competing.
Grade Level: All
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
1350 West Hawley Street
Mundelein, Illinois 60060
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
- 7:30 Doors open
- 7:30 - 9:00 am Inspection
- 8:30 am Lunch Pre-order forms due in concessions
- 9:00 am Drivers Meeting + Opening Ceremony
- 9:30 am - 12:00 pm Qualifying Matches
- 12:00 pm - 12:30 pm Lunch (approximately)
- 12:30 pm - 3:00 pm Qualifying Matches
- 3:15 pm Alliance Selection
- 3:30 pm Elimination matches and awards
- 4:30 pm Event Conclusion and clean-up
If your team is running late, YOU MUST CALL the event partner. Once the match schedule is run for the day, it CANNOT be re-run. If your team is not checked in, they will not be on the match schedule.
- Match cycle time will be about 4 minutes. PLEASE BE ON TIME FOR YOUR MATCHES.
- Teams will play 7 qualifying matches
- Teams will be allowed 3 Driver and 3 Skills matches while the Skills field is open
If anyone would like to volunteer and help us with our tournament, please contact Manny Aldana at email@example.com. We could always use more volunteers as referees and judges.
Experience level: No previous experience is needed for most volunteer positions. Kids are encouraged to participate as well (for example, Field Resetter is an ideal position for young children).
Time Commitment: You can register for an entire day, or just a portion of the day as your schedule permits for most positions.
Meals: Lunch is included for volunteers.
Please fill out a volunteer form here.
Volunteer Positions Needed:
• Judges (no previous experience required)
• Referee/Scorekeepers (previous experience preferred)
• Field Resetters (no previous experience required)
• Concession Stand Workers (no previous experience required)
• Pit Assistants (no previous experience required)
• Scoring Assistants (some training needed)
• Queueing Assistants (no previous experience required)
• Set-up and Tear-down Workers (no previous experience required)
• Pit Manager (no previous experience required)
• Computer Operators (some training needed)
Want to find out more about these volunteer roles and expectations? Visit the REC Foundation website at www.roboticseducation.org/volunteer to check out position descriptions and find volunteer training materials.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
The tournament will be held regardless of weather. The tounament will be canceled if the school building is closed due to weather. Check the event website to check status.
No refunds unless event is canceled and cannot be rescheduled.
Health and Safety Policies
MHS is equipped with state of the art HVAC filtration systems to ensure the consistent movement of clean air throughout the building. However, please consider wearing masks or not going to the event if you are sick.
We will be webcasting the matches via YouTube. We will post a link on this page as the tournament gets closer.
Digital Engineering Notebook Submissions / In Person Team Interviews: Team interviews will be conducted in-person at the event. Engineering notebooks can be submitted digitally for evaluation via a link found within the "My Account" panel of the team contact on RobotEvents. A submission deadline that may be scheduled ahead of the event date.