JROTC Only Live Remote Skills Event
- 30-Nov-2022 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Remote Skills Only
- Field Control System
- VEXNet Field Control
- Spots Open
- Max Registrations per Organization
- Standard Registration Opens
- 11-Oct-2022 14:05 EDT
- Registration Deadline
- 23-Nov-2022 14:06 EST
- It is past the registration deadline.
This is open to any JROTC VRC Team registered on Robotevents.com
This is a remote event, so you compete from the comfort and safety of your school, classroom, living room, basement, or even a local park. Wherever you can set up a field!
What do I need to participate in this event?
To be ready for this event, there is not much you will need to do other than build a robot and practice.
Verify you will have access to the following:
- VEX VRC Field and 2022-2023 VEX Robotics Competition Spin Up Game Elements
- A device with a camera that can capture your skills runs
- VEX VRC Robot and Controller
- A device with the VEX HUB App to use the timer
- A device with the Scoring App or printed paper scorecards
How will this work?
- Matches should follow a standard procedure
- Robot Inspection is done by the Team, showing on video, the inspection sheet signed and completed. Measurements must be done using a measuring device such as a Robot Sizing Tool or a tape measure.
- Teams pair the Controller to the Robot.
- The Team shows on video a close-up view of the Starting Position to provide video evidence that the Robot is in a legal starting position.
- The Team says out loud and writes on paper or whiteboard if they are attempting a Programming Skills Match or Driving Skills Match.
- The Team starts a Match when the clock begins.
- After the Match, the Team must move the camera to each of the Goals saying out loud what counts as scored and records onto an official referee scoresheet.
- The scoresheet is then shown clearly on video for a minimum of 10 seconds. While the scoresheet is being recorded, Teams can reset the field for the next Match.
- The Team can then repeat steps 3-8 for their remaining allotment of Matches, i.e. maximum of 3 Programming Skills Matches and 3 Driving Skills Matches, one after another
Grade Level: High School
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: No Judging
Eligible Teams: JROTC Air Force, JROTC Army, JROTC Coast Guard, JROTC Marine, JROTC Navy, JROTC Space Force
Event Dates & Locations
1519 INTERSTATE 30 WEST
GREENVILLE, Texas 75402
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
This is a live remote skills event. Teams will be given a time slot to run their Robot Skills runs for the event date
For Volunteer information please contact [email protected]
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
Since this a remote event, there is no emergency or bad weather policy.
Refund and Payment Policies
There are no refunds for this event.
- No Judging