VRC, Battle for Placer Gold - Skills-Only event hosted by PART, In-Person, MS&HS, with No Judging
- 26-Feb-2023 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- In-Person Skills Only
- Field Control System
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- California - Region 2
- Max Registrations per Organization
- Standard Registration Opens
- 26-Dec-2022 20:00 EST
- Registration Deadline
- 19-Feb-2023 22:00 EST
- It is past the registration deadline.
February, 26th 2023
Note: payment is due immediately on registration. Any team that registers and does not pay or submit a Purchase Order will be immediately moved to the waitlist. We've expanded the capacity to 40 teams. If the event is full, please add your team to the wait list.
The Battle for Placer Gold is a in-person, skills only event. It is not a state qualifying event, however, results will be uploaded to World Skills Rankings.
- This is a skills only challenge with no judging
- Awards will be given to the two top teams.
- Results will be uploaded to RobotEvent and count towards Worlds Skills rankings
- GPS field codes will be on a competition field
- Each team will get 3 programming runs and 3 driving runs
- Each team will be assigned (or given a signup sheet) for a ~1 hour session for your inspection and skills runs
Grade Level: All
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: No Judging
Event Dates & Locations
3256 Penryn Road, Suite 100
Loomis, California 95650
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
Agenda (tentative, subject to adjustments based on number of teams). Each team will have a 1 hour, pre-assigned time slots for their skills runs.
8:15 doors open for Inspection
8:30 AM- 12:20 PM Skills Sessions
12:20 PM - 12:45 PM Break for Volunteers
12:45-4:00pm Skills Sessions
All volunteers are welcomed to contact the Event Partner at events@PlacerRobotics.org
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
Bad weather should not affect this event. In case of a cancellation, the event partner will contact you as early as possible. Teams should make sure their contact information in Robotevents.com is up to date and includes both school and non-school phone numbers.
Refund and Payment Policies
Teams must pay or submit a purchase order immediately upon registeration. Teams that register for the event, but do not pay, will be immediately moved to the waitlist.
There are no refunds unless the event is cancelled.
If the event is cancelled, a full event registration (minus $5) refund will be given to all paid teams. Teams are responsible for their own transportation and hotel costs.
Health and Safety Policies
Health and Safety Policies
As we are in the midst of the pandemic, following precautions will be implemented to minimize the risk.
1) It is mandatory to wear face mask to participate in this Tournament
2) Only team members and 1 adult coach/parent is allowed entry into the facility.
3) Teams will be given a 1 hour slot for inspection and their skills runs, and will need to await outside until their pre-assigned window
EP retains the right to modify/change health and safety policies based on local conditions.
- No Judging