Tucker VRC High School Tournament
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Max Registrations per Organization
- It is past the registration deadline.
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that
there is ample time for adjustments.
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
- Goggles/Safety Glasses
- Spare parts & tools
- Batteries and chargers
- Programming cable
- Power strip
- Laptop computer
- Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and
- Excellence Awards )
- Banners and other decorations for your team pit
- Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VEX Tournament.
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during
8. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others
nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee
training videos before they attend a tournament. The referee training videos can be found here.
10. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide. The guide can be found here.
11. Ensure that you have the latest version of firmware. easyC firmware can be found here and RobotC firmware can be found at the following links:
PARTICIPATION AND CONSENT FORM
A completed form for all participants must be turned in during check-in. Team leaders will need to collect the completed forms for all team members attending the event and turn them in to the registration desk when checking in. Download the VEX/RECF Consent & Waiver Form.
Grade Level: High School
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: In-Person judging
Event Dates & Locations
3605 Lavista Road
Tucker, Georgia 30084
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
Tucker VRC High School Tournament - Saturday, 10/16/2021
7:30 am: Pit Area Opens; Practice field available Robot inspection
7:30 - 8:30 am: Team check-in & Registration
7:30 - 9:00 am: Robot Inspection & practice
9:00 - 9:15 am: Driver meeting
9:15 - 9:30 am: Opening Ceremonies
9:30 - 12:00 pm: Qualifying Rounds
9:30 am - 2:30 pm: Team Interviews
12:00 1:00 pm: Lunch Break & Skills challenge
1:00 - 2:30 pm: Qualifying Rounds continue
2:30 - 3:00 pm: Alliance Selection Process
3:00 - 4:30 pm: Elimination Rounds
4:30 5:00 pm: Awards & Closing Ceremony
5:00 pm: Pit Area and Venue Closes
Tucker High School is proud to continue hosting the Tucker VRC tournament again this year. Please encourage your team members, parents, and mentors to help us keep the building clean by using the trash receptacles provided. Any members that can help with tear down at the close of the week night events will be greatly appreciated.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
The event may be canceled if in the opinion of management, inclement weather could endanger students, coaches, mentors, parents, and volunteers. Teams will be notified as early as possible in advance of the cancellation. In the event that inclement weather requires the event to be rescheduled, the event and any remaining matches will be shifted forward to a future date, TBA.
- If a team needs to withdraw from the tournament after registration and payment, they must notify the event organizer in writing as soon as possible.
- If the team withdraws from the tournament at least two weeks prior to the tournament, they will receive a refund less a $25.00 cancellation fee.
- Any team that withdraws within two weeks of the tournament date will receive NO a refund.