North Houston Tipping Point
Event Code: RE-VRC-21-5750
Program: VEX Robotics Competition
Type of Event: Tournament
Event Format: In-Person
Capacity: 30 / Spots Open: 0
Event Region: Texas - Region 3
Max Registrations per Organization: 5
Registration Deadline: Fri, Jan 21, 2022 1:00 PM EST
Price: $105.00This event is closed to registration because:
- This event currently has no spaces available.
22825 Texas 105
Montgomery, Texas 77356
Grade Level: All
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: In-Person judging
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
Come join us as we prepare for and continue to qualify for the next level of competition. This is a Vex VRC "Tipping Point" tournament for high school and middle school teams. We will have judging, competition matches, and robot skills.
Concessions will be available, and lunch options will be sent out to teams closer to the day of the event.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found here.
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
- Goggles/Safety Glasses
- Spare parts & tools
- Batteries and chargers
- Programming cable
- Power strip
- Laptop computer
- Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and
- Excellence Awards)
5. Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VEX Tournament.
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament.
10. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide.
7:00 am Doors open, registration open, pits open
7:30 am Inspection starts
8:30 am Driver meeting
9:00 am Qualifications and Judging
10:00 am - 1:00 pm Skills Matches
12:00 pm Lunch
1:00 pm Skills Challenges and Judging End
2:00 pm Qualifications End
2:15 pm Alliance Selection
2:45 pm Eliminations
4:00 pm Awards
We are looking for volunteers to help us with judging and referreeing. Please contact email@example.com if you are interested. Thank You!
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
All cancellations will be communicated through email. Please check your email the day before and the morning of the tournament (before leaving).
Unfortunately, there will be no make-up in case of weather cancellations. If there are health/COVID restrictions in place we will consider a LRT makeup.
Refunds requested prior to registration deadline will be issued on a case by case basis. If you need a refund please email firstname.lastname@example.org along with your appropriate vendor paperwork. No refunds will be issued after registration ends.